Quantcast

Weekend ride pix X-post

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Very good as always!

Great panorama. Seeing Pete Lake, Middle Fork Teanaway, Miller Peak and the top of upper Rat Pac all in one pic is pretty cool.

This weekend was great for late September all around.

Ok, so, how about DeRoux CG up and over to the top of Jolly and then down West Fork to Corrall Creek next year? Too much? Or, "just right"... :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
No more Jolly Creek ascents to the tippy top for me thanks. All my approaches will be done from the Salmon La Sac side. :)
Next year i may be interested in doing my original loop idea from the Salmon La Sac side without shuttle assist,(Jolly rd,Sasse,JollyMt,JollyCreek,MiddleFork,Paris) but i doubt that too. Really the trails work you so much it's almost too dangerous to do it the hard way, but maybe it's doable by my very mortal climbing abilities.... :think:

As much as you may dread descending Jolly Creek i feel the same dread climbing it. :p
Can we not meet in the middle man?!#)#*%)(!#)$(_)$ :p

Hey this question was raised to me by Dave on the Teanaway loop. He was asking about the Yellow Hill route up to Jolly? Ever been?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hahahahahaha!
Ask Dave "Muttonchops" Hutton. One of the strongest riders I know.
If he'll never do it again, I won't. I made it as far as Elbow Peak one day and called it quits. He kept going.... It's freakin' brutal. He looked like death warmed over rolling into the Teanaway CG after dark. Looks way easier on the map.

Nope. Not for me. :nope:

Edit: Here's one I have been thinking about that may be more "doable".
"The C to C". Or, Cle Elum to Cashmere. Start looking at your maps. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Hahahahahaha!
Ask Dave "Muttonchops" Hutton. One of the strongest riders I know.
If he'll never do it again, I won't. I made it as far as Elbow Peak one day and called it quits. He kept going.... It's freakin' brutal. He looked like death warmed over rolling into the Teanaway CG after dark. Looks way easier on the map.

Nope. Not for me. :nope:

Edit: Here's one I have been thinking about that may be more "doable".
"The C to C". Or, Cle Elum to Cashmere. Start looking at your maps. :thumb:
Whoah ultimate brutalness.....

The C to C.... you sir, have a sick mind..... :p

While we're on this topic i'm sure you'd roll thru some Nanuem trails to get there, i've had my eye on those for years. Are those worth exploring?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Naneum has not had much good press Gearz and Monte did a Mount Lillian ride this spring that looked really good. You might find it on rbtm from about May?
The real "Naneum" stuff is either jeep trail or used very heavily by horses and can be really deep dust with broken jagged rock in it.
Once, several years ago was enough when so much other good stuff is out there. Maybe about now, after the weekenders are gone and it gets some rain? C to C really wouldn't be that bad compared to some other rides out there. Certainly easier than the Triple.

BTW: I see your plan for local trailwork... You're smarter than you look... :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BAH said:
Looks like fun skookes. Enough to make me consider buying a climber. You seem to have a handle on some pretty great rides.
There has always been a reason why i disappear in the summer. Too many trails too little time.

i dig the retro handle, makes me wanna do a cap shuttle.....