Quantcast

Weekend Riding

Oct 9, 2006
Where is everyone riding this weekend? Weather should be decent, Wilsons, Pisgah, any ideas? How about Moab? I hear the weather is lovely out there this time of the year. We meet at Poison Spider at 10am if anybody wants to go. See you punks in a couple of weeks.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Maybe you will see us there, you never know.:think: Mmmmmm, probubly not. But have fun fellers. When yall get back lets ride.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
If Jeff and John get up at their regular time like O dark thirty to meet then they can make it Poison Spider by 10:00 Mt time... no problem!
Actually I dont even sleep. So there's no getting up involved. I just stalk the streets killing all night.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
magazines are regional.

take decline for example.
good mag, but the same group of his buddies at the same places doing the same moves.

i've ridden tons in other states.
pisgah is as good as anywhere.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Damn ya'll - It was simply a JOKE. That big red X that you see beside the post originally contained a smiley from another site that apparently got messed up. Let's try again:

Uuuhhh...Pisgah's just as good as Moab...

[Just so I don't get my sh1t jumped, I would like to point out that the smiley in question is simply giving Moffatt (aka missiongravity) the ole' jolly middle finger that is oftentimes seen in our society merely as an affectionate gesture amongst friends. This case is no different. It is meant to sarcastically imply that I am jealous that he will be riding one of the most well known mountain cycling spots in the world. No harm is implied by the afformentioned smiley.]

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
c'mon man.
it's ridemonkey.
where EVERYTHING is taken out of context and way too seriously.

it's just like me messin with that dumb@$$ "loudopie" over in the political forum.
that toe headed fool lives his whole life on this board and he makes a great target.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Damn ya'll - It was simply a JOKE. That big red X that you see beside the post originally contained a smiley from another site that apparently got messed up. Let's try again:

[Just so I don't get my sh1t jumped, I would like to point out that the smiley in question is simply giving Moffatt (aka missiongravity) the ole' jolly middle finger that is oftentimes seen in our society merely as an affectionate gesture amongst friends. This case is no different. It is meant to sarcastically imply that I am jealous that he will be riding one of the most well known mountain cycling spots in the world. No harm is implied by the afformentioned smiley.]
hahaha.....I dont think anyone was offended by the smiley Kenan. I think a couple people just took your statement seriously.:thumb:

The rest of us knew you were fvckin around.

Oh, and I saw the smiley, not the red x. I gotta say, I like it!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

[ the ole' jolly middle finger that is oftentimes seen in our society merely as an affectionate gesture amongst friends. .]
So this means friendship...cool!:lighten:

Here's to all my friends out there:

HAHAH!!:imstupid:

Nc Bo

Chimp
Feb 16, 2007
Bend OR/Asheville NC
Oh and Uhh.. I just can't wait to be home where the sand and the dust doesn't get in everything i own! I like Moab alot but Pisgah is home! See you fellas soon, Bo

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Kenan, you going to do Black Mt with Dave and I on Saturday? We are going to only go up the back way to the mid point and not up Claw Hammer and Maxwell Cove. The climb is not bad at all and the mid way down run is super fun!!! Thinks we will hit it twice. Just as fun as Greenslick. Lets us know.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I talked to Kenen he cant ride this weekend, bussiness. I think Jeff and myself are gonna join you guys.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Kenan, you going to do Black Mt with Dave and I on Saturday? We are going to only go up the back way to the mid point and not up Claw Hammer and Maxwell Cove. The climb is not bad at all and the mid way down run is super fun!!! Thinks we will hit it twice. Just as fun as Greenslick. Lets us know.
You gonna go up from the parking lot directly across from the Davidson River Campground? That climb is like 2 miles and gets steep in only 1 place. I would STRONGLY recommend, after you descend it, go back up. When you get to the fork about 1/2 way up, go do the other side Sycamore Cove. That is really fun (tight and technical vs fast and flowy on the Black Mountain side).

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
You gonna go up from the parking lot directly across from the Davidson River Campground? That climb is like 2 miles and gets steep in only 1 place. I would STRONGLY recommend, after you descend it, go back up. When you get to the fork about 1/2 way up, go do the other side Sycamore Cove. That is really fun (tight and technical vs fast and flowy on the Black Mountain side).
I know the place well. I have thought about that. I would really like to get two runs down the lower half of B Mt. We will see. Anyone is welcome to come.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I did that exact same ride last Saturday.
I think it is hilarious that Sycamore Cove is listed as an easy trail in all the books. That trail will hand you your azz in a hurry if you get offline.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I know the place well. I have thought about that. I would really like to get two runs down the lower half of B Mt. We will see. Anyone is welcome to come.
If I remember correctly the climb up Thrift/Black is a little longer and steeper in parts then the right fork (Sycamore). So having the Kill bros climb that twice might be result in them throwing you in the river after. Seriously though, the climb up to Sycamore is a little easier and the descent is a lot of fun. It is very narrow in parts, and gets steep in one or two sections. It just mixes it up. Kinda like riding Raspberry, and Headley.

I did that exact same ride last Saturday.
I think it is hilarious that Sycamore Cove is listed as an easy trail in all the books. That trail will hand you your azz in a hurry if you get offline.
Easy? Seriously, no way.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I have already talked to them. We have a great plain for tomorrow. Do lower Black Mt. once and head over to a trail that we have been told is finely open now. We will do that trail twice. If it is not open we will think about doing lower Black Mt. again or Sycamore Cove.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I have already talked to them. We have a great plain for tomorrow. Do lower Black Mt. once and head over to a trail that we have been told is finely open now. We will do that trail twice. If it is not open we will think about doing lower Black Mt. again or Sycamore Cove.

No point in doing Sycamore once you leave Black Mountain, the benefit of doing one then the other is you skip the initial climb which is probably a 1/2 mile. In that same area, you could shuttle Cove Creek/Caney Bottoms. It is a relatively easy shuttle to set up and perfectly legal. There is nothing gnar about it, but its a lot of fun. (at least I think so).

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'm quite depressed that I can't make this ride tomorrow. The Kills are actually making their biannual Asheville appearance and I have to freakin' work. What a b!tch...

Jun 11, 2004
I'm quite depressed that I can't make this ride tomorrow. The Kills are actually making their biannual Asheville appearance and I have to freakin' work. What a b!tch...

This ride will be in your honor then Dr.!!! :clapping: And Bo and Moffatt..........:monkeydance:

Definately next weekend then Kenan.............you should be good and ready.............

On the other hand.........you could come out and ride...........most people do their best thinking while on the bike! :lighten:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I would be glad to do it, have done it many times before. I don't think the boyz would like to climb that much. I could be wrong. You want to come join us?
Thanks anyway, I don't have anything to wear.

Actually, truth be told I'll be back at the house by then...after about 8 runs.
Edit: Best thing about having young kids...they are one hell of an alarm clock.