Quantcast

Ween/Flaming Lips: fun

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I went to see Ween and The Flaming Lips at the Greek Theatre. After a very hot day at the shop, it was a relief to be outdoors at night watch two cool bands.

Then the drive over the bridge, still floating from the concert, was very nice...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ween AND The Flaming Lips! :eek: **** yeah! :thumb:

What covers did Ween do? How long did the Lips play? Did the Lips do anything weird? I would LOVE to see those bands!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Yeah WTF mate? We need more info then that. Ween plays here a lot and I missed the Flaming Lips in TO as they sold out in like 9 seconds. Review requested....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I would just like to point out that Sanjuro still needs to supply us with a review of this show.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
sanjuro said:
I went to see Ween and The Flaming Lips at the Greek Theatre. After a very hot day at the shop, it was a relief to be outdoors at night watch two cool bands.

Then the drive over the bridge, still floating from the concert, was very nice...

I'd like to see that.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I missed half of Ween because of a nice police officer who pulled me over because I had a temporary tag and he was concerned that I had stolen my own car.

The Flaming Lips show was amazing. Wayne entered the stadium in a big Space Bubble, floating along the crowd. Then he released a bunch of large beach balls for people to play with.

He spoke frequently, but unlike a lot of frontmen who babble pretentious garbage, he spoke simply and frankly, and it was seducing. I was a large group of friends, he encouraged us to tell each other we loved them, and we complied.

They also had a large video screen, which they played some of their videos, including Valerie's 90210 introduction, but for "Do You Realize?"

The show was limited to about 2 hours due to curfew at the open-air Greek Theatre. I wanted to hear "When yer 22", but all I got was "She Don't Use Jelly". But "The Yeah Yeah Yeah" song got a huge response, and no left unsatisfied.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Jeremy R said:
Did he then have everyone join hands and bust out a rocking rendition of

Kum ba la, my lord, ........kum ba la ???:agree:
I figured some a-hole would say something like that.

Lets say you had to be there.

EDIT: I should point out that I do care for my friends, and on that note, I am glad to tell them I love them.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
The Lips are coming back through here soon. I think I'll go since Wayne finally has a SLIGHTLY different show with the new album out. Is he still doing the Bohemian Rhapsody sing along though? That was a bit annoying last year when he started busting it out.

Ween, well, you just can't deny the power of the boognish! They have been on point all year. I've gotten to catch two shows this year that have been bar none they best I have ever seen them.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i went to my first lips show last month. They kicked ass! the giant bubble over the crowd and the music was intense! Dug thier live show alot more than their studio stuff.