Quantcast

Weird bike question:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGDMFG said:
depends on if your bike is a mass produced or if it is produced one off. all my frames are made in house to my design.
Ask your framebuilder to make a bike around a particular hanger...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
Are derailleur hangers made by the frame maufacturer or are they a generic item. Example: Does Giant MAKE the hangers that come on their frames or do they just buy them from a 3rd party and bolt them on?
You have too much time on your hands. ;)

But, in the vain of bizarre, left field questions...I've always wondered why races are always held on Sundays instead of Saturday? Anyone know?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
bluebug32 said:

But, in the vain of bizarre, left field questions...I've always wondered why races are always held on Sundays instead of Saturday? Anyone know?
So if you get injured you have a good reason to take Monday off work.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bluebug32 said:

So people don't have to take time off work if there is a practice day. If you have a Sat race, practice would be Friday. If you have a sunday Race, people can leave after work on Friday, practice Saturday, Race Sunday, drive home Sunday night, and be up in time for work on Monday

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
There are large Taiwanees and Chinees frame houses that produce many of the frames on the market and there is a lot of cross-over in these prodution facilities. Howevr most hangers are brand specific, and at least initialy, manufactured by the company making the frame. Later independent contractors like Deraileurhanger.com may start to produce them for out-of-production bikes.