Quantcast

Welcome to Friendly Baltimore, MD!

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
This is why I don't go to Baltimore (that and all the crack heads).

And the mayor of Baltimore wants to be govenor. Give me a break he needs to get out of public service

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Tenchiro said:
I read that last night. Pretty crazy but how do you know who to believe?
I believe the couple because no charges are pressed and the fact that the cops iBaltimore don't do **** about the real problems in the city

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yep. Baltimore sucks. Actually, so does DC..that whole area is lame. Except Frederick and that watershed...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
corey_dcstreet said:
DC and Baltimore are not similar cities at all, in any respect.
They are similar in that, besides a few blocks of nice area downtown, they are both cesspools for poverty and crime. And they both suck.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
I'll bet Nashville is the greatest city ever. :think:
Nashville actually is a pretty highly rated place to live. Not much ghetto, thriving economy and a great place to raise a family. Live music 24 hours a day, large forests for riding IN the metro area, cheap cost of living...it aint half bad.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
This is starting to tread on shakey ground. Its kind of like having a bitchy, crazy mother. You can curse and make fun of her and say she's insane, but someone else does and the gloves are off. Same thing w/ hometowns.

I'm from around there. Both places are nice to visit but don't get lost. I remember getting lost in the Turkey Thicket area in DC back in high school after odp practice. Sketchy Sketchy. I can't comment on the cops up there as I don't buy crack.....at least in DC......at least anymore.

Make fun of Tennessee all you want.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
BurlyShirley said:
Nashville actually is a pretty highly rated place to live.

I just read on CNN that Nashville is amongst the top 10 for most curtious drivers in the Nation. I bet if you stopped and asked for directions, 10 people would offer to help you.

God bless the real south. (Not that psuedo-south of the Mason-Dixon line MD / NOVA crap)

On the other hand I was riding in downtown Bawl-da-mer just last week and met a super-cool bike cop and had a 20 minute long conversation about how he thought more people ought to be riding bikes around town to cut down on traffic. I'm pretty fond of Baltimore actually. It's quirky and really cool.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i trust anybody who quotes avail. :D

"Both places are nice to visit but don't get lost" ... that's the truth. and i honestly kinda like the sketchiness factor. riding street in dc and bmore is always an experience. citys should be gritty and dangerous. country should be mountainous and dangerous.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
completely off topic, i was looking at the crime data on nashville and noticed something strange in the amazon ad in the corner:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Also:

How did they get lost in the first place? There are probably 100 signs around Camden Yards pointing you in the direction of either 95, 695, or 395, or MLK (the road they most likely drove in on). The city is surrounded by a beltline for Chrissake. If you drive in a straight line long enough you are bound the hit it no matter what direction you go (unless you hit water first) Don't get sketched out and stop. Keep driving until you hit a major road and you're home free.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fvcking cops. i've had experience with plenty of good ones, but its the ones like this that prevent me from feeling bad when cops get shot in the line of duty.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
corey_dcstreet said:
completely off topic, i was looking at the crime data on nashville and noticed something strange in the amazon ad in the corner:

]

I don't know about you but, I commit all my crimes wearing crotchless french knickers.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Nashville actually is a pretty highly rated place to live. Not much ghetto, thriving economy and a great place to raise a family. Live music 24 hours a day, large forests for riding IN the metro area, cheap cost of living...it aint half bad.
I could see me liking it, but you did have the guy that painted fag on the car. That's pretty lame. I like DC, but never went to Baltimore. That cop will end up in some conspiracy charge, or dead when it's all said and done. Some people are just sh*tty.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
corey_dcstreet said:
The last item is the correct answer to the rhetorical question asked by the first item on top.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BurlyShirley said:
What if you hate rednecks and country music? How is Nashville then?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
corey_dcstreet said:
riding street in dc and bmore is always an experience. citys should be gritty and dangerous. country should be mountainous and dangerous.
I'm with ya to a point. Some cities should be gritty and edgy and the country mountainous and challenging. Cities shouldn't be dangerous, you shouldn't have to fear what you can't control.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
sanjuro said:

I think you'd be surprised at the diversity Nashville has. Country music is only a fraction of the music that comes outta there. Rednecks........well, I hate to break it to ya, but they're ALL OVER this nation of ours.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Greyhound said:
I think you'd be surprised at the diversity Nashville has. Country music is only a fraction of the music that comes outta there. Rednecks........well, I hate to break it to ya, but they're ALL OVER this nation of ours.
I agree that the rednecks are all over but there seems to be a higher % in that part of the country

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
corey_dcstreet said:
i trust anybody who quotes avail. :D

"Both places are nice to visit but don't get lost" ... that's the truth. and i honestly kinda like the sketchiness factor. riding street in dc and bmore is always an experience. citys should be gritty and dangerous. country should be mountainous and dangerous.
Every ride in both places is an adventure (Crack heads with guns and a person saying that they're "The Voice Of God" at the exorcist stairs)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Every city has a bad part of town, and if you end up there, on purpose or accident, good luck.

This cop decided to fvck with hicks, where it is her job to protect these idiots. Trespassing on a public street? I hope this cop loses her job...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
sanjuro said:
I hate rednecks, and am not a fan of most country music... Nashville is pretty great.
Also, if it rains, you can still ride here. Though TN is a red state, Metro Nashville has consistently voted blue for the last...forever. We have a pro football team too, and hockey.
TONS of bars with live music. Nice people too.

RECENT RANKINGS:
http://www.nashvilleareainfo.com/Default.aspx?Page=RecentRankings

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
DC will always rock to me.

I've only been to Baltimore once or twice, and it was always cool.

Nashville was cool when I lived in the area. Old houses can be bought for cheap. They must grow blonde girls in a garden at Vanderbilt, that is all I remember seeing there.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I don't like Baltimore. It is what it is. One badass place for the most part. I just got back from DC. It ain't much better. But I want to go back to Nashville. Nice city. Didn't notice many rednecks. I felt safe there. I never feel safe in Baltimore. But thats just me....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
DaveW said:
Have to say it surprises me that you can even get arrested for trespass on a pubic street? :confused:
Pubic?

I think it's illegal to go into any "pubic" area uninvited:rofl:

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I hate rednecks, and am not a fan of most country music... Nashville is pretty great.
Also, if it rains, you can still ride here. Though TN is a red state, Metro Nashville has consistently voted blue for the last...forever. We have a pro football team too, and hockey.
TONS of bars with live music. Nice people too.

RECENT RANKINGS:
http://www.nashvilleareainfo.com/Default.aspx?Page=RecentRankings
You even started a thread about liking country music, dill weasel.