Quantcast

Welcome to Idaho, Check your Brain at the Door

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Judge gives gay dad ultimatum
Ruling may set legal precedent in Idaho courts

IDAHO FALLS — A Bonneville County magistrate says a gay father has a choice: stop living with his partner or lose visitation rights with his children.
Magistrate Mark Riddoch´s ruling may set a legal precedent in Idaho. Courts in the state have never ruled on the rights of homosexual parents. One case before the Idaho Supreme Court was settled.

Theron McGriff, a chemist, has asked the high court to examine Riddoch´s decision to award full custody of his two school-age children to his former wife, Shawn McGriff. The court has until Friday to decide whether it will hear the case.

“I will take it as high as I need to take it,” McGriff said. “I can´t live like this without my kids.”

Riddoch ruled that Shawn McGriff be awarded primary legal and physical custody of the children, and Theron McGriff receive visitation rights “providing Father is not residing in the same house with his male partner.”

McGriff, 38, and his partner recently bought a house together. Because of the ruling, McGriff´s partner moved into a mobile home in front of the house.

Shawn McGriff´s attorney said the mother´s biggest concern was how Theron´s homosexuality would affect the children.

Theron McGriff and psychologist Dr. Mark Corgiat “are engaging in fiction if they believe that sleeping with a homosexual partner in Idaho Falls, Idaho, is no different than sleeping with a heterosexual partner,” Marie Tyler said.

Tyler said she is confident that if the Idaho Supreme Court hears the case, it will follow the leads of North Dakota, Ohio and Michigan, where custody has been denied to gay parents because they were said to have chosen a same-sex relationship over their kids´ well-being.

Freaking amazing. Very homogenous LDS community in Idaho Falls (also known as Idiot Flats to the rest of the state).

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Right, because growing up without a father is SO much healthier than growing up with a father that is in a loving relationship. A relationship that I'm SURE will end as soon as they're not living in the same house. Right.

Friggin' idjits.

T

Tenaciousle0

they are just trying to stop the kid from catching the gay, from his dad. But that might not be the right way to do it, they should use the Homer Simpson method: sit him outside infront of a cigarette billboard.

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
I grew up in Idaho Falls. I hated the backward, religious thinking in the entire town. It sucked even worse if you weren't part of the religeous majority (Mormon). It was like living in the town from the movie Footloose. Of course I'm sure it's a great town if you fit in with the other 98% of the good ol' folk that live there, which I was not.

Random

Chimp
Aug 14, 2001
Joplin, MO
This is crazy. If he was living with his girlfriend (which would be considered a sin) He would still be able to see his son. THe sin of homosexuallity is no worse than fornication.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
You are born Gay ,it`s not a illness ,that judge is as dumb as box of rocks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,I love those backwards towns ,like maberry BFD ,the real question is how the HELL did he become a judge :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dmvprof

Chimp
Jun 12, 2002
Georgia
Call me what you will, but fags shouldn't be raising kids. Puberty is confusing enough without that kind of freaky **** going on.

Don't go thinking I'm some kind of bible thumber, I just don't subscribe to the idea that sodomy is normal behavior.

Would it better to not have parent's, of course not, but can any of you say that you would choose for a chile a home with a couple of gay men over a non-disfunctional hetero family?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by dmvprof
Call me what you will, but fags shouldn't be raising kids.
Based on that comment, neither should you.

How's Atlanta this time of year? Lynch much?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Would it better to not have parent's, of course not, but can any of you say that you would choose for a chile a home with a couple of gay men over a non-disfunctional hetero family?
I'd rather be raised by a pair of intelligent and courteous gay men than by you and whoever you shack up with.

(edit: whomever -> whoever, since I guess she is the subject, although one of two)

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Call me what you will, but fags shouldn't be raising kids. Puberty is confusing enough without that kind of freaky **** going on.
It depresses me that I have to live on the same planet as you.