Quantcast

"Welcome to little mexico.........err, I mean Tulsa"

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
sanjuro said:
Hey, when do I get to punch you? Is it my turn yet? Is it?

MMike is an evil genius.

His sarcasm took me two years to figure out...

I am a little dense though.

I have actually challenged him to fight before, it was beautiful.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I don't know. We are the original melting pot and I appreciate the diversity, but the pot is getting full - almost all public services are maxed out, operating at a deficit, and cutting programs. It's one thing for private enterprise to choose to cater to people who speak other languages (bilingual ATM's anyone?), but when you are talking about public agencies spending public money there's something that kind of sticks in my craw about it. And those examples were pretty bad: They can't find the escalators?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Consider contacting your elected representatives and letting them know that you support the current legislation on the floor to make English the offical language of the United States......yeah....in case you didn't know......it isn't.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Damn True said:
Consider contacting your elected representatives and letting them know that you support the current legislation on the floor to make English the offical language of the United States......yeah....in case you didn't know......it isn't.
Yeah, like, for sure, it, uh, like, fo' sure ain't right now, dude.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
I don't know. We are the original melting pot and I appreciate the diversity, but the pot is getting full - almost all public services are maxed out, operating at a deficit, and cutting programs. It's one thing for private enterprise to choose to cater to people who speak other languages (bilingual ATM's anyone?), but when you are talking about public agencies spending public money there's something that kind of sticks in my craw about it. And those examples were pretty bad: They can't find the escalators?
Most Europeans are bilingual. And obviously the US would encompass several Euro countries and populations.

If 5% of America speaks mostly Spanish, that would be 20 million people.

Do San Franciscans get mad when signs are in Chinese? Same with Spanish...