Quantcast

Welcome to The Farm v 1.5

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
The sickness has begun.
We have eliminated all gapers, and blood sucking leaches this time around.

We started from scratch at 8:00 A.M. yesterday. We finished today at dark. 2 full days of work and this is what we have come up with.

8:00 A.M. yesterday

4:30 P.M. today.

Downhill entrance makes it sick as hell.

Lips are head high to over head, and landings are 8 to 9 feet tall.

A nasty hip to 180 degree burm at the end.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
ahh i want to do that in my back yard, this is giving me inspiration once again. i need to negotiate with my mom/the landlords, but i might be able to bring in some dirt...that'd be so sick. looks like you guys made some seriously quick progress with building them, be sure to post ride pics soon.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I know you guys are atleast like....average(ha!)...riders, but that fence so close to the line scares the **** out of me. I mean, seriously, wierd crap happens. Maybe throw a wood paneled fence up in it's place? We've got a guy here who was on a dirt bike and kinda went off line on a course that ran close to a barbedwire fence. He just caught his sleeve on the fence and it sucked him into it at 40mph. He now has one eye and a little hole where his mouth and nose used to be.
Not meant to jinx and I don't wanna be a dick for saying **** like that, just don't wanna see any more riders go down!
Other than that, it looks GOOD! Pretty funny, the jumps all look like the stuff around here, about 3' tall with a 6' gap(?)...UNTIL you see someone standing next to them or compare them to the fenceposts next to them!
Gotta ask though...is there a WIFE in that nice house with the jumps around it?? ;)

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
You are motherfvcking GAWD in my eyes right now.

If you did that in two days, I'm PAYING your ass to come give me a hand at a spot in a few weeks.

Nice friggin work man!
Thanks a lot bro. Me and Grantels have this $hit down to a science.
If you have a machine, i will gladley come give you a hand for a day or 2. You know i live for building sick trails.

colton

Monkey
May 20, 2007
Was that all done by hand? If it was, that would be amazing, and even if it was done with machines, it is still insane. You always set the standards.:clapping:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
damnit, I have to do everything with myself, a wheel barrow and my dog. Maybe I'll save up some funds and rent a machine for a day.

Awesome work, post some ride pics ASAP!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Wow! You guys got a ****load of stuff done in one weekend. Not to mention the sets are big too which take a bunch more dirt, shaping, and packing.

Setup looks really great - nice along the fence there.

BTW, what did you use for dirt - is that top soil? If so how does it pack? I need to find a top layer material for my backyard setup. I got some stonedust but I'm worried that it will be too harsh and rip the kids and me up if we crash. And now I am thinking top soil as it's available at the local supply yard - good that it's rock-free but I'm worried how it will hold up.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
my god dude, two days? were you popping ADHD meds and jolts and staying up around the clock? that's amazing! Zack, you have a gift. use your powers for good and never for evil.

have you ever thought of making a job out of this? crash on some dude's couch for a few nights, have him feed you, and just revamp his trails with him and his buds all day. have a big jam and BBQ at the end, charge him a few hundred and move on down the line.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
dude zach come to north carolina! holy sh*t! our trails scene needs a breath of fresh air. we're in an extrem drought and yer posting this stuff up, way to make me feel bad :D

nice work yet again

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Wow! You guys got a ****load of stuff done in one weekend. Not to mention the sets are big too which take a bunch more dirt, shaping, and packing.

Setup looks really great - nice along the fence there.

BTW, what did you use for dirt - is that top soil? If so how does it pack? I need to find a top layer material for my backyard setup. I got some stonedust but I'm worried that it will be too harsh and rip the kids and me up if we crash. And now I am thinking top soil as it's available at the local supply yard - good that it's rock-free but I'm worried how it will hold up.

Just caught this. Sorry dude.
Once again, we live in right in the heart of Norcal, which honestly has some of the best soil on the planet Earth. There is a reason why the Agriculture here is off the chains. We have the best soil for growing crops, and building jumps.
I can take this dirt and make a perfect snowman out of it, if i wanted. It is like chocolate brownie mix.:thumb:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
would you like to share some of those nor cal secrets to a bay cal builder? cus by the look of it those transitions go a good foot into the ground.
It's no secret. The pictures don't show the proper angles. We have everything dialed to drain out through the opposite side as the bank.
We have one bowl that is deeper than the drainage, and we have a thick, deep bed of rock 4 inches under the dirt, so it will drain proper.

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
It's no secret. The pictures don't show the proper angles. We have everything dialed to drain out through the opposite side as the bank.
We have one bowl that is deeper than the drainage, and we have a thick, deep bed of rock 4 inches under the dirt, so it will drain proper.
sweet, if you could get some pictures of that next time your out that would be sweet, just trying to see if i can save my spot from all this rain we be getting

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Sounds dialed. Thanks for the info on the soil - I'm going to get some top soil if I can't find good clay. Then rent a tamper for a day and just get the surface hard as rock. It's at my house so I can get a hose on it when it's dry or better yet maybe I'll "Y" off a section of a nearby sprinkler head and get one to spray on it. I have a bunch of shrubs planted on the side that will need water anyway.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I'm back biches. I couldn't dig for a while because of some heavy rains. We are at 4 full days of digging now. That's total. I will not stop until this place flows like water.

This burm is BIG. About 50 bucket loads fromn the Bobcat.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Good Grief. And you need to keep stickin one of your buds oin the pic, REALLY hard to grasp the sheer size of all that!
Keep it up, mang! Redbull and I will need you this summer back in SD....

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
Man oh man. I cannot wait to be there! Dirt jumps, hot tub and a trampoline! All we need is the keggar raider and I will never leave!

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
That has to be the most ridiculous back yard i've ever seen. Please post up some vids when you get it done. I would love to see someone flow on those monsters.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
That has to be the most ridiculous back yard i've ever seen. Please post up some vids when you get it done. I would love to see someone flow on those monsters.
You'll be able to see it in a little video called "From Dusk Til Dirt"