Quantcast

Welcome to The Farm v 1.5

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Do you have everything draining into the stream in the far background? Looks like we can see the drainage you have going all the way down the left. That's sick if there's a running stream going back there, unlimited water supply

What are the plans for the return lines, smaller dubs and rollers coming up?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
jeeeez christ, holy shat... 4 days and you've got that up already?!

That really makes me want to take out a loan, buy 2-3 acres of land and a Cat Skid and fly you and your crew out for a week. I'm wicked jealous!

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Gotta question for you Zach, how many truck loads of dirt do you have into this so far? and thanks for the vid title but be sure to post up on here when its available to the public eye or i might miss it.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
yeah that stuff is so nice. we have red clay to work with over her in the southeast, the stuff is gross and stains everything, but once it's packed and dried, it holds like crete. great thing is you can use 2nd rate dirt as a filler then clay up the jump faces and stuff. dank, are you using a skidsteer to work on those?

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Gotta question for you Zach, how many truck loads of dirt do you have into this so far? and thanks for the vid title but be sure to post up on here when its available to the public eye or i might miss it.
Not 1 truckload of dirt. It is all top scraping from right where the jumps are sitting.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
jeeeez christ, holy shat... 4 days and you've got that up already?!

That really makes me want to take out a loan, buy 2-3 acres of land and a Cat Skid and fly you and your crew out for a week. I'm wicked jealous!
No crew on these jumps really. Just me and my bro Grantels do most of the work. A couple other guys chip in a little, but we just tell them where to throw dirt. We have done this enough in the last 6 years, that we have it fycking dialed.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
No crew on these jumps really. Just me and my bro Grantels do most of the work. A couple other guys chip in a little, but we just tell them where to throw dirt. We have done this enough in the last 6 years, that we have it fycking dialed.
Just 2 of you guys on that? yup, I'd say you got that building stuff dialed for sure.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Been working some tech lines. Haven't been able to ride in weeks. Wettest winter we've seen in a few years. These burm lines will be the goods.

I built this step up to get my trick on.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
that's really coming together! You've been inspiring me to dig more lately, although now it's butt ass cold. lows in the teens tonight with a high of 33 tomorrow and windy with snow showers!

Did you rent the bobcat or one of you have access to it anytime? I have access to a tractor occasionally but it's not as easy to maneuver as the bobcat would be...

I doubt you guys have problems with jumps freezing and swelling in norcal, but do you or any of you know how to prevent this?

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Looks to be very fattening!

Coming up next week...
Should I bring my bike or just my shovel?
Smirks driving all the way from the Bay tomorrow just to dig all day with me.

I thought you said you wouldn't be up for a long time?

It is suposed to sart raining the day after tomorrow. They are saying some kind of rediculous amount of rain. Flood style.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
thanks god you made a smaller line at the left.
very sick trail mang, i wouldnt dare to hit the big ones....

like bruce lee said: be water my friend.
cheers

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
Smirks driving all the way from the Bay tomorrow just to dig all day with me.

I thought you said you wouldn't be up for a long time?

It is suposed to sart raining the day after tomorrow. They are saying some kind of rediculous amount of rain. Flood style.
Jen's test is in the bay and were just gonna continue all the way up.
The test is on Wednesday and we might stay the rest of the week.

Forecast is the same here too...

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
guh i wish i still lived humboldt. Colorado dirt just makes me cringe compared to the dirt out there. that step up looks amazing. I bet i could ride that for days and not get bored. Mad props for building those zach.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
That's some good lookin dirt. Does this place have a name other than The Farm v1.5?
Nope. Wait until you see the Farm 2.0
We are starting it in the next couple weeks. We have a massive Excavator, 7 acres of private property, the 2 wall rides from the Farm 1, and the Steel drop in.
I promise you, you ain't seen nothing yet. We are about to raise the bar to a level that hasn't been seen yet.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
i'm going to drill a hole and your berm and shag it if you dont mind. those jumps look like the butter, landers higher than lips and all. if im out your way can i PLEASE come ride there? haha

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
love the berm.
takes a lot of time just shaping.
you should be proud, everyone involved should.

i need to get my bobcat piles smoothed out.