Quantcast

Well, as of tonight I'm a....

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
N8 said:
Did they teach you to 'brusie' the gin yet?
LOL!!! Classic. I bruised something else this weekend. Seriously, in honor of N8 I think I really went overboard with shaking the gin for my martini. It made all the difference in the world. Lots of ice crystals.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Meat Foot said:
LOL!!! Classic. I bruised something else this weekend. Seriously, in honor of N8 I think I really went overboard with shaking the gin for my martini. It made all the difference in the world. Lots of ice crystals.
Nicely done!!!!

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
N8 said:
Nicely done!!!!
Thanks, I can not emphasize how careful I am about my drinking and the preparation of such libations. Porters and stouts go into a pint glass that is NOT chilled. IPA's, Pales, Bitters, ESB's and the like go into CHILLED pint glasses. You must be careful with the preparation. Do not rush it. You will be rewarded once you have the proper groundwork established for the particular libation.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Meat Foot said:
Thanks, I can not emphasize how careful I am about my drinking and the preparation of such libations. Porters and stouts go into a pint glass that is NOT chilled. IPA's, Pales, Bitters, ESB's and the like go into CHILLED pint glasses. You must be careful with the preparation. Do not rush it. You will be rewarded once you have the proper groundwork established for the particular libation.

the preparation and presentation is as much fun as the inhalation...

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
N8 said:
the preparation and presentation is as much fun as the inhalation...
So true. People ask for a beer at my place, they get a guy that starts to pour down the side of the glass, stops after decanting about 11 oz. (assuming 12 oz. bottle, brown only in my house), pauses :dancing: , swirls the remaining 1 oz. at the bottom of the brown bottle, and finishes the pour. This wakes up the flavor and brings all of the goodies off the bottom. Poor bastige that has to wait for a cold one. Pray that they say they would like it in a glass.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Wumpus said:
Good source of iron.

When we were in England, one pregant lady's doctor had prescribed a pint of Guiness a day for anemia(?).
Actually...I have read a lot about Guiness and pregnancy. In England, doctors give women a pint of Guiness just after they have given birth to replenish lots of nutrients lost in the process. Also, it's often "prescribed" to breast feeding mothers as well! Good thing I like my Guiness :sneaky:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Its always fun when your friends are learning to bartend, you can go in and have afterhours parties so they can practice :thumb:

Good luck man, soon you'll be swimming in money :dancing: