Quantcast

Well fu*k.... Saturday GMT...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Took the pooch in to the wife last night(she is a vet tech), well by took him in I mean I carried him.

Found his heart is bleeding from a mass.

Drained the fluid/blood from around his heart, doing better but it's just a matter of time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this morning, after last night's rain trails were part hero dirt part slippy roots&rocks. New tire setup worked quite fine despite the slightly more challenging conditions - e13 TRS front, Tomahawk 2.3 EXO rear.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Looks like my big, fat cat might be having a urinary tract episode, off to Pet Co for some cat acid even though I'm mildly frightened of middle age women parading their dogs around the store for no reason. Sometimes I think they want you to ask them about their dog but I already know their dog has too much baggage...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About to leave to go riding. Its been pissing raining all morning, so this should be interesting. Heading to a new (to me) trail spot, too, so we'll see how lost I get.

I have some Jamaican patties and jerk pork for the post-ride meal.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Speaking of pets there was a gorgeous, friendly Samoyed at the neighborhood park food truck gathering last night. Mariko loved her.

Today we venture to REI so that the wife can see if any bike configurations are comfortable enough to quell her complaining. :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Road ride. 67 hilly miles at 18 mph with three guys that are way stronger than me. Good ride for me, but I still got the shit kicked out of me. I crashed too....at about 20 mph I clipped the guy in front of me and went sliding/tumbling into someone's yard. Good place to fall though...grass and a transition landing. Thankfully the bike is ok. Wheel will need some slight truing and the rear brake is loose. That happened at mile 30. I dusted off and rode 47 more miles. I'm a lil scraped up but otherwise fine.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning Monkies! Looks like my big, fat cat might be having a urinary tract episode, off to Pet Co for some cat acid even though I'm mildly frightened of middle age women parading their dogs around the store for no reason. Sometimes I think they want you to ask them about their dog but I already know their dog has too much baggage...
A couple of weeks ago I saw a woman riding on the greenway with her dog in a bjorn like it was a kid.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Speaking of pets there was a gorgeous, friendly Samoyed at the neighborhood park food truck gathering last night. Mariko loved her.

Today we venture to REI so that the wife can see if any bike configurations are comfortable enough to quell her complaining. :D
We had a Sammy when I was a kid living in the mountains. Awesome dogs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What pesqueeb said. Sorry to hear that.

Whoever cut the trails in this forest diserves a medal and some beer. Hardly any roots, no tech and perfect for a cross country bike, but holy damn were the trails just flat out fun. The trails all flowed in the same manner, in such a good fashion that it felt like I already knew the trails.

Only got lost once and ended up doing one section of trail twice, somehow. No complaints here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
glad I made the call to dh, mostly sunny and mid 60's. Trails were nice and tacky, only a few wet spots despite rain yesterday. Decided to call it around 3. Made a good call. First rain drops came down as I as leaving.

Unfortunately, I did manage to tweak something in my lower back / left hip, so that's no bueno. Gonna stretch and take a nice hot bath.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Cleaned, repacked and adjusted pivot assemblies on the bike today to address hideous creaking, likely caused by my fondness for rain rides.

Feels like butter now, silence has returned, may need to add some compression to compensate.

Overnight showers with an 70% chance of hero dirt in morning. Gotta lay off the beers so I can make the best of it.

Sorry About your pup DM.
Inspired me to take mine out for a good hike today.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
6.5 hours of trail work. I'm wiped out.

Tore out a shitty wooden waterbar, rebuild it with nice rocks (which may or may not be boostable), loosened up some hiker switchbacks into proper turns, one left hander with an actual berm for the zesty crowd. All in all a great day with some hard working peeps.

Time for a huge plate a mexican food and 2 for 1 'Saturday-ritas.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sorry about your dog Mike. Kids seems to be good at understanding the circle of life.

Little guy is sick and he has his birthday party tomorrow. Not a good outlook on that party. Wife is feeling sluggish.

Should have rode earlier today but took a nap with the older son after I have been drinking two days in a row.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today's vet visit set me back a few hours so I decided to spin the bike path on my Amsterdam bike which always gets noticed as its the only one I've seen in town. I like to sand bag it until some hot dogs blow past me and then I'll chase them mercilessly for all I'm worth... today's target got away as I blew a tire on the paved path about 5 miles from home. Utter humiliation... bike path fail is the worst fail.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6.5 hours of trail work. I'm wiped out.

Tore out a shitty wooden waterbar, rebuild it with nice rocks (which may or may not be boostable), loosened up some hiker switchbacks into proper turns, one left hander with an actual berm for the zesty crowd. All in all a great day with some hard working peeps..
Which park?

Wife and I did 30 miles on the Colorado Trail again up to the Lost Creek Wilderness, slowly checking off the sections. Need some higher up snow to melt as next up is the Kenosha stuff, I've gone west to Breck before but never east, she's done neither.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Tuesday night, my S4 puked all its coolant out very abruptly on my way home from a ride. Investigation last night revealed that a hose had simply come off. Unfortunately said hose was buried under a ton of shit, including the intake manifold, because Audi.

Took it all apart today, only to discover that the hose had come off because the fitting it was attached to had been cut short by some fuckstick who had worked on the car previously, in what I can only assume was a lazy ass move to make the fitting easier to install. Needless to say I was not happy.

A piece of hose attaches to each end, and they're secured with hose clamps. The thing should be symmetric, but instead had clearly been hacksawed off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tuesday night, my S4 puked all its coolant out very abruptly on my way home from a ride. Investigation last night revealed that a hose had simply come off. Unfortunately said hose was buried under a ton of shit, including the intake manifold, because Audi.

Took it all apart today, only to discover that the hose had come off because the fitting it was attached to had been cut short by some fuckstick who had worked on the car previously, in what I can only assume was a lazy ass move to make the fitting easier to install. Needless to say I was not happy.

A piece of hose attaches to each end, and they're secured with hose clamps. The thing should be symmetric, but instead had clearly been hacksawed off.
How big was the pile of parts on your floor to get to that sucker?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Airbox, some hose, Y pipe, PCV valve, MAF, one of the two turbo return lines, the intake manifold. So, large.
Shitty mechanics are shitty. That is a total dick move to burry a modified hose fitting in that fashion, under all of that. I'm guessing the coolant made a huge mess too?