Quantcast

Well... he shouldn't have been looking at the horse like that.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
All he said was "look at the arsehole on that horse" and then whammo. And btw Mike the video doesn't tell the full story, perp was a known horse wrangler.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
see? college is stupid.

if one of the cops is black would this be a bias crime?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Don't worry, they'll take it seriously. Kid was white.

(I think...I just assumed from the dancing.)

edit:

Police charging documents chronicles a different story than in the video.

Donat and McKenna were running in the middle of a main street and caused a crowd to form on the sidewalk that became unruly. County police and officers with the Maryland National Capital Park Police "attempted to regain order."

The two students then struck those officers and their horses, causing minor injuries. The students also suffered minor injuries when the horses kicked them, the report said.

The video obviously doesn't tell the whole story.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
$30K/yr tuition just to get your ass kicked? pretty stupid, even for a white college kid.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Don't worry, they'll take it seriously. Kid was white.

(I think...I just assumed from the dancing.)

edit:

Police charging documents chronicles a different story than in the video.

Donat and McKenna were running in the middle of a main street and caused a crowd to form on the sidewalk that became unruly. County police and officers with the Maryland National Capital Park Police "attempted to regain order."

The two students then struck those officers and their horses, causing minor injuries. The students also suffered minor injuries when the horses kicked them, the report said.

The video obviously doesn't tell the whole story.
Did one of you ring me?

(I'll buffer the vid, ooookkkaaayyyy....gimmie like an hour)

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I got it buffered until they put him against the wall, then commence to baton party.

If he even said, "I'm gonna kick your ass" to the officers on the horse, they were entirely justified in taking him down. Hard. Probably causing injury. However, his body language sure doesn't look like he was saying anything threatening (stance, no indication he was yelling, no gesticulation, etc.)

There's also the possibility of previous interaction that colored the incident and made the takedown reasonable.

That said, the video sure doesn't show any reason for the beating to continue as it did even if the initial takedown was good. And the police reports aren't consistent with my hypothetical situations above anyhow, from the snippets/summaries available.

Sounds like they're taking it seriously, and not forcing further statements from the officers about the incident means that criminal charges against them are being kept on the table, if not overtly favored.

Edit: By the way, I was VERY misled by the title of this thread.

Last edited:

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Yeah the video doesn't tell the whole story but according to the mounted police (they weren't Prince George's county cops) their horses where never hit during the whole night, and what the official police report says contradicts the video. Even the police chief is sounding like she thinks it's excessive force.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Well, suspension's pretty routine while a cop's under any investigation in many places.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I love the big fat pile of lies in the "official report" to cover the pigs' asses.

Are there any laws pertaining to falsified police reports? Should be pretty easy to asses blame for that, what with the officialyness of the report and all.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I got it buffered until they put him against the wall, then commence to baton party.

If he even said, "I'm gonna kick your ass" to the officers on the horse, they were entirely justified in taking him down. Hard. Probably causing injury. However, his body language sure doesn't look like he was saying anything threatening (stance, no indication he was yelling, no gesticulation, etc.)

There's also the possibility of previous interaction that colored the incident and made the takedown reasonable.

That said, the video sure doesn't show any reason for the beating to continue as it did even if the initial takedown was good. And the police reports aren't consistent with my hypothetical situations above anyhow, from the snippets/summaries available.

Sounds like they're taking it seriously, and not forcing further statements from the officers about the incident means that criminal charges against them are being kept on the table, if not overtly favored.

Edit: By the way, I was VERY misled by the title of this thread.

ditto. discussed this with coworkers today and, from the video, it doesn't look good. looks like campus police got rid of all that pent up aggression from being...well..campus police.

Well, suspension's pretty routine while a cop's under any investigation in many places.
around here, "suspension" = you're in trouble. "administrative leave" = routine investigation for an officer involved shooting/major use of force

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This is how to handle unruly students:

The 11 students had apparently believed that each would be fined about $50 and had signed agreements with the university, but they became upset when the bills amounted to about $750 each, Griffin said.

They may not be able to register for fall classes if they don't pay by July, Griffin said.

"They were all offered payment plans as well," Griffin said. "So far, none has taken advantage of the payment plan."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/04/14/BASK1CUIBR.DTL#ixzz0l7LcmIXg