Quantcast

Well, I bought me a subie today! :-)

nikwho

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Flagstaff, Az
:love: so, i sold my truck today and went down to the dealership and bought a 03' subaru impreza wrx sport wagon today! I love it! a mechanic thats buddies with one of my frends traded it in and i was told to go look at it. He he put on an after market waste-gate, stainless turbo-back exhaust, intake and chip, i guess.. hes in his 50's and a mechanic so i trust that it was taken care of. The car literally looks brand new.. I got a pretty good deal on it and its faster than a raped ape! i have always been a truck kinda guy so this is a new deal for me.. anyway, now i just have to go get a rack so i can bring my bike along! Whatcha guys think........ yakima or thule??? is one better than the other? more expensive? anyone wanna sell me a used on? :blah:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
congrats! which chip/engine management are you running? also, get a hitch and a thule 917 t2 rack :thumb:

nikwho

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Flagstaff, Az
haha.,... yeah! its a **** load of fun! im just lucky that i made it home from the bars tonight! haha... i didn't drink all that much, but we hit warp speed in that bad boy tonight! i think that 120 in a 45 is felony speeding, right??? but seriously, i really was def. legal to be driving... i dont wanna give the wrong impression.... but what better time to really give it a test drive than at 2am? anyway, i think that i want a roof rack... i dont think that i wanna put a hitch on it... the previous owner wrote down all of the engine/fuel management brand/models and the exhaust, intake, wastegate etc, etc..... i no longer have a digi, so ill see if i cant get some pics up tomorrow morning...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
BigMike said:
Nice car, but... don't land yourself in Jail!

My buddy got pinned for 120 in a 55, and did 15 days

Yeah I got a 1 year loss of license about 10 years ago from getting caught driving my gf's STI WRX like that, 190km in a 100km zone. :nopity:

it's just soo damm easy to speed in those things. :(

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
well congrats on the new car ::virtually throws change into seat::

IMO i would invest in a trailer hitch and then buy a bike rack, or weld one.. the reason i'd be better is because you can use your trunk, which you will need, you can remove it easily, and a roofrack is a pain to work with..if you get a trunk one you can't put your gear in it as fast or easily

a trailer hitch runs for 115 bucks or so and a bike rack can be from 100-200 about 100 in metal if you weld it..

nikwho

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Flagstaff, Az
yeah, yakima makes everything for the rack, so im told... is there some factory part that i need that yakima doesn't make??? clue me in if so! im gonna have to wait a little while for the rack as the shop said it would be nearly $500 for everything that i need!:angry: but i've been having a blast in it.. i have had people wanting to race me...lol this BMW with two punks in it with thier hats on sideways came up next to me and motioned that they wanted to race so i just kinda looked at them and shrugged and motioned for them to go ahead... kind of agreeing to race, i suppose... thinking that they wanted to race off of the line at the red light that we were coming up to.. the guy took off like a freaking psycopath.. ran the red light, swerving in and out of traffic etc... kinda sad that i lost, but i wanted nothing to do with that amount of stupidity!!! They have SCCA races up here a couple times a year, i might go do that..... where its legal...