Quantcast

Well I seem to have a lot more free time on my hands

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I got laid off today (they day after the annual company cheerleader meeting telling us how awesome we were and how much we were growing) :rolleyes: I have no idea what I am going to do, because the IT market still looks like it is sucking, and most of the jobs listed online are very low paying.

Anyone know of any opportunites around Seattle? :D

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Tenchiro said:
I got laid off today (they day after the annual company cheerleader meeting telling us how awesome we were and how much we were growing) :rolleyes: I have no idea what I am going to do, because the IT market still looks like it is sucking, and most of the jobs listed online are very low paying.

Anyone know of any opportunites around Seattle? :D

You should have gone to a hypnotist like Peter from Office Space. :oink:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
they just laid off every level 4 manager here at work because they were a useless layer...

come to think of it, quite a few engineers were walked out as well....

here in our IT dept though, we are happy and growing!! i know we are hiring again in the near future...what exactly do you do? saying IT is like saying "im an engineer"...a bit to vague.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
sorry to hear it. I got laid off from Cingular for about 4 days and they called and said they made a mistake. So I got a week off paid and start back Monday :redX:

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
seand said:
they just laid off every level 4 manager here at work because they were a useless layer...

come to think of it, quite a few engineers were walked out as well....

here in our IT dept though, we are happy and growing!! i know we are hiring again in the near future...what exactly do you do? saying IT is like saying "im an engineer"...a bit to vague.
Mostly Network & Desktop level support. I have no certs but I do have 10+ years experience.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
i lay zero worth in certs.

this position would be for layer 3->7 support for osx and linux and ios support for the grunt work the rest of us dont feel like doing :)

basically a tier2 osx, linux, cisco support role. you dont have to deal with phone queues, or anything of the call-center environment...its an engineering aerospace shop. the rest of us are super busy with our VoIP, aeronet, oracle load balancing projects so we cant handle the needs of the users quite right anymore...thats where this role comes in...

anywho...drop me a line with your resume and ill hand it to my manager..

seand@nsmb.com

cheers!
-sean

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
seand said:
i lay zero worth in certs.

this position would be for layer 3->7 support for osx and linux and ios support for the grunt work the rest of us dont feel like doing :)

basically a tier2 osx, linux, cisco support role. you dont have to deal with phone queues, or anything of the call-center environment...its an engineering aerospace shop. the rest of us are super busy with our VoIP, aeronet, oracle load balancing projects so we cant handle the needs of the users quite right anymore...thats where this role comes in...

anywho...drop me a line with your resume and ill hand it to my manager..

seand@nsmb.com

cheers!
-sean
Hmm, I know diddly about OSX & Linux...

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
Sorry to hear about your job situation. I was just told that I got a job with the new company late last week. Tough time for many people.

derekpearson said:
sorry to hear it. I got laid off from Cingular for about 4 days and they called and said they made a mistake. So I got a week off paid and start back Monday
Where about in the company do you work Dereck?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
derekpearson said:
sorry to hear it. I got laid off from Cingular for about 4 days and they called and said they made a mistake. So I got a week off paid and start back Monday :redX:
That's hilarious. I'm glad I don't work for a company that big. Judging by Cingular's CS, it doesn't suprise me.

If anybody needs a career change, the machinist job market is red hot right now. I put out 3 resumes and had 2 job offers in less than a week.