Quantcast

well, im getting a roomate this weekend.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well, in light of my financial difficulties i am getting a roomate. I guess it will work out ok. The only problem is that i have gotten used to having an office/gear room and now i am going to have to get one of those ultra tiny storage units to put all my crap in ( hiking gear, shovels, chainsaw, shop-vac etc.). It will be nice to have someone splitting rent utilities with me though cause i have lots of things i need to take care of financialy like fixing the fromt of my car, getting some new glasses, tyring to catch up on my student loans so i can finish school and things of that nature. Oh and my new roomate is female.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Just something to keep in mind, biggins, with storage units, you rapidly end up spending as much as the stuff is worth. I mean, if the unit is $40/month, you end up spending $480/year. You'd better have a lot of worthwhile stuff in there for five hundred bucks a year.

I've never rented one of those tiny ones, so I don't know what they cost. Jacking your bed another foot off the floor with cinder blocks or something, and using that as storage is another good option.

Good to hear you're trying to take care of your finances, though, just make sure you're thinking with the correct end of your spine when it comes time to collect rent :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Silver said:
Get rid of the chainsaw before she moves in. That might freak her out a bit...
Or leave it on the kitchen table with a list of names next to it. Cross a couple of the names off the list for good effect.

Bet she pays her rent on time after that.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Chainsaw? WTF....
i do a lot of trail work.

as for the outfit, she already has all that stuff.

yes she is good looking.

Yes she has a boyfriend though.

Yes i am thinking with the correct head.

as for the storage untit im gonna call around and find out how much they are. I thought about the underbed storage idea, but it is more stuff than that and as much as i hate to admit it the college guy cinder bed double stack days are over.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
binary visions said:
Or leave it on the kitchen table with a list of names next to it. Cross a couple of the names off the list for good effect.

Bet she pays her rent on time after that.
now that is a damn funny idea!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
i do a lot of trail work.

as for the outfit, she already has all that stuff.

yes she is good looking.

Yes she has a boyfriend though.

Yes i am thinking with the correct head.

as for the storage untit im gonna call around and find out how much they are. I thought about the underbed storage idea, but it is more stuff than that and as much as i hate to admit it the college guy cinder bed double stack days are over.
Nothing like the smell of 2-stroke gas oil mix to wake up to in the morning!!!

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
biggins said:
( hiking gear, shovels, chainsaw, shop-vac etc.)
hiking gear --- goes in the trunk of the car along with riding gear
shovel -- get one of those rack on top of your car that all the 4wheelr's have that has a spot to put the shovel
Shop Vac -- Gotta clean the apartment every once and a while, keep it around.
Chainsaw -- Get a shelf to hang in the living room and put it on there as wall art. :evil: