Quantcast

well..I'm now a Police Firearms Instructor

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Never really saw myself as a firearms instructor....i can shoot very well but i've never been a gun nut, ie: i don't spend all of my money on guns/ammo/accessories and i don't join in on the gun nut debates over which caliber has better knock down power..etc.

but..now that i teach a police mtb course i decided it would be fruitful for me to have the firearms instructor under my belt so that i can run my own courses on the range without having to burden other instructors. ...but the more i got into the firearms instructor course (2 weeks and about 3k rounds pistol and several hundred shotgun/rifle/subgun) i realized that i really enjoy shooting and teaching others how to shoot better. i suppose that not being a "gun nut" makes me a less imposing instructor to those who are unfamiliar or just don't like guns.

so anyway...i'm pretty stoked to share the responsibility of teaching cops, rookies and veterans, how to survive a gunfight with basic fundamentals and CQB tactics.
just call me Tackleberry ;)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So you teach how to fire while gapping a set of stairs in slow-mo on an early-2000 era 24 cycles Le Toy with a Monster T up front, while yelling, "Noooooooooo!"

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I say you fabricate a shotgun rack for your patrol bike. That would be rad!

Citizen: 20mm? (while looking at your front hub)
TakleBery: no... 12guage

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
no brass no ammo tackleberry!
i spent my last 6 months in the corps as a range coach and i saw some crazy safety violations. it's not quite as bad in law enforcement and we run a hot range (show up loaded, leave loaded)...sadly, i've had exponentially more trigger time as a cop than i ever did in the corps, even as a rang coach. between open range days (every friday..free ammo), tact training, and different schools, i probably average about 700 rounds per month. we tend to do away with the military, "no brass, trash, or live rounds to report" mentality on our range because, well..we're cops and we're loaded and ready for duty when we leave the range.

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
I tought for several years and realized about half of the crowd will flag you with thier barrel every chance they get
sounds a bit like the army, only there are dumber people here than ANY cop i've ever encountered.
one guy got himself shot at basic. Basic! where everything is so controlled you have to TRY to fvck up.
he ran around in the woods, without a battle buddy, and ended up behind a hot qualification range. got shot in the back takin a piss. thnk god he had his IBA on.... Dumbass.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Cops and guns are scary. Watch your back. Of the two people that have been shot at the range I go to both have been cops. 1 was an FBI agent and the other was a beat cop. I can also say that most cops can't shoot, hitting a an IDPA style target 90% of the time at 15 yards is pathetic at best.

As well I RO one of the shooting bays at IDPA matches at the club and have had to send home 2 cops for being morons, I've only had to send home 2 people.......

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
What about running a RM gun course?
"Now this is how you shoot a Sierra Club wacko, and this is how you don't get caught..."

The benefits are endless!