Quantcast

Well, I'm starting to really freak about hurricane Frances...

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Well, my dad just left from helping my put up the shutters over my bedroom window. I've lived in South Florida my entire live, through Andrew and a few others, but I have never really felt like this. Maybe when you are younger you feel safe under the veil of your parents' protection. Or maybe that I've worked so hard to get my new place put together that I can't stand the thought of anything happening -- let alone loosing everything.

I think my gf, my cat, and I will stay with my folks to weather the storm. Advantage of being on the 3rd floor -- no flooding; disadvantage -- bye, bye roof-ie.

Cheers! Drink one for me, because I'll be drinking plenty come Friday night. :rolleyes:

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
I live in tampa and it looks like were going to have another near miss. anyone in need of a place to weather the storm, no pun intended, can stay at my place. I have some extra room and beer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Colin said:
<snip> Maybe when you are younger you feel safe under the veil of your parents' protection. Or maybe that I've worked so hard to get my new place put together that I can't stand the thought of anything happening -- let alone loosing everything.
Or maybe... just maybe, it's because you've turned into a complete wuss in your old age..... :p

-S.S.-

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
Or maybe... just maybe, it's because you've turned into a complete wuss in your old age..... :p

-S.S.-
And then you get a little older and worry less... my dad slept thru Andrew, tho we weren't near the eye. We had Category 1-2 bands from it.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Yeah, we never even lost power during Andrew. But, after all the prep work toady, I'm spent. Seeing as I did so much today at work, my place, and parents', the stoopid storm probably won't come. [quickly knocking my desk]

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Colin said:
Yeah, we never even lost power during Andrew. But, after all the prep work toady, I'm spent. Seeing as I did so much today at work, my place, and parents', the stoopid storm probably won't come. [quickly knocking my desk]
Really, you can only worry about it so much...you live in So. Fl. Hurricane playground. Be safe, be responsible and plan ahead. That's all you can really do ( yes, I realize these aren't comforting words, but I've been there...done that and I know what it's like). Good luck...sounds like you are prepared and ahead of time...which is more than I can say for many Floridians!

Edit: aka...that meant have a beer and relax! ;)