and the "seat tube length" seems kinda high.....like real high
bb height??

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Neil, did you go with a small?

And yes, Geoff's is a medium. Xprezo recommended the large for him, but he insisted on the medium. Geoff's a little taller than me (I'm 6'1"), and I felt very comfortable on his bike.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Neil, did you go with a small?

And yes, Geoff's is a medium. Xprezo recommended the large for him, but he insisted on the medium. Geoff's a little taller than me (I'm 6'1"), and I felt very comfortable on his bike.
Yes, size small. Sr. was pushing a medium for me. I had to remind him that I'm 5'4" tall.....I mean short. I can't wait for this weekend. Can you make it up to Platty?

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
the RS7 that i liked so much
mmmm...I don't have any regrets. If I went with the Foes it would be frame only. That would mean XTD fork. I didn't like the 65 degree H/A either. I know I'm a lightweight but I blow through travel like nothing. I like the security of a little extra travel. Plus the Furax WC build will be pretty light. Easy on my shoulder. I couldn't run a Foes frame without a Foes fork. It just wouldn't be right.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
alright mo-fo's the Furax weighs 38lbs with beater wheels, MTX ringle hubs, dh tubes and nevegal 2.5's. Should be under 36lbs when the DT swiss wheels w/ mid-weight tubes, Maxxis FRO tires and Ti spring arrives. Soooo sick. The frame has some of the nicest welds I have ever seen. Great job Hugo. Thanks to David and George too. The frame is a work of art. So beautiful in person. Incredible one piece pivot link. A masterpiece. Rode some singletrack behind the house under the full moon tonight. This is one smooth ride. Very fast. Like the Formula One race car of DH bikes. Will post scale pics when the race wheels arrive! And great job Cycles Xprezo building the Furax WC. Everything is right where it should be. I didnt have to change, adjust, or move a single thing!

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
CYCLES XPREZO FURAX DH RIDE REPORT

Took the Furax out on its maiden voyage yesterday. Twilight Diablo freeride session with a few other monkeys (you know who you are). All that really needs to be said is that this bike is FAST!!! It took me two runs and it felt like I had been riding this bike all season. It gains speed while coasting over rough, square-edged rocks. The opposite of what I'm used to. What I am used to is stability at speed over rough stuff. The bike feels like it's floating when tracking rough trails. It pedals great - suspension remains active but not spongey.

The biggest difference for me besides the weight was the bikes overall responsiveness to rider input. I was a passenger on the Foes. Point, shoot, hold-on. Riding the Furax reminded me of my big mountain, High-Sierra, backcountry, deep powder skiing days..........A blank canvas waiting for me to paint MY picture on the mountain, to express myself freely, without hesitation, without doubt, with total confidence and pure love. Oh Yeah!

PS - I'm on dial-up service so you'll have to wait a little longer for more pics.:thumb:

Attachments

Last edited: