Quantcast

Well our boy did it..opened a park

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
it's like...remember when we were kids and there were no skateparks and we got constantly busted and chased and harassed by cops and rentacops and now there are skateparks in every town everywhere? and they're even city/county funded? mebbe it's the same with bikeparks? around here there's certainly 1000% more acceptance for jumps/drops/stuff on trails that we could only build in pirate locations a decade ago. they call stuff "bikeparks" now that seems silly to me, but it's a totally different scene now than before. good on whoever that dude is and hooray bikes.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Was a pretty good turnout has a ton of potential..long runs and intersecting points..
They did a damn good job it's year round has a jump park and the airbag area is pretty cool...
Runs are 4-5 miles or close too they built in some good stuff and more expansion this winter.several runs and chutes as well.
I think it was 350+ head count yesterday for opener

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yesh it will make a good wintertime training ground as will sky park another year round bike park, mellow, very short elevation, rider powered to top....sky park is flowy jumps groomed and is decent...
this is and has some nasty sections and is worth the ride to the top, if you overshoot you go over the side lol, yes there's rocks and nasty sections embedded in ground and natural terrain on sides is natural.. not cleaned up
growing and they are putting more money into it... official opening was yesterday and they really cleared up some response areas and worked it out with cal fire for rescue and extraction staging area where it can be medivac if needed...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yesh it will make a good wintertime training ground as will sky park another year round bike park, mellow, very short elevation, rider powered to top....sky park is flowy jumps groomed and is decent...
this is and has some nasty sections and is worth the ride to the top, if you overshoot you go over the side lol, yes there's rocks and nasty sections embedded in ground and natural terrain on sides is natural.. not cleaned up
growing and they are putting more money into it... official opening was yesterday and they really cleared up some response areas and worked it out with cal fire for rescue and extraction staging area where it can be medivac if needed...
At first I was like "Sly Park, WTF?, that's not year-round, but I do know of some bootleg DHs around there" Oh, SKY park...fuck my old eyes.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
At first I was like "Sly Park, WTF?, that's not year-round, but I do know of some bootleg DHs around there" Oh, SKY park...fuck my old eyes.
Lmao yeah I had to start breaking out 1.5 glasses for certain things,started last year . I hold the menu back so I can see certain things ...(wife gives me SOOOO much shit!)

We have sky park year round the clear snow and keep going, the one Steve opened will be year round, bootleg is year round for sure....between those 3 terrains you can train for about everything aside of mud and roots
Sky park is pedal up, the other 2 shuttle trucks..

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Looking forward to riding this spot!
I wonder how many runs you can get in a 6 hour session.
Very hard for me to get excited to ride Skypark. $60 plus parking to pedal up and ride small-medium jumps that are 1/3 as good as the typical Washington state free bikepark.
Backcountry jank on trail/enduro bike is the best stuff in socal, imo.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Looking forward to riding this spot!
I wonder how many runs you can get in a 6 hour session.
Very hard for me to get excited to ride Skypark. $60 plus parking to pedal up and ride small-medium jumps that are 1/3 as good as the typical Washington state free bikepark.
Backcountry jank on trail/enduro bike is the best stuff in socal, imo.
If you hit shuttles you can get 5-6 runs pretty easy...the runs are long....almost all down hill and a decent amount of descent as well...lots of natural rock features on sides and extra credit...Steve is good about that...always has been...

They need to pull the ramp off this it's a decent size drop and step up in distance is actually pretty damn big.

Sky park is a hard one, I can get industry coaching discount (makes it better) but still have to pedal..given it or crestline , I'll take crestline ...that trail can be fun as hell and nasty as shit...shuttle the hell out of it...
Screenshot_20230903_174741_Instagram.png

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
On a foot note this park is ebike friendly based on flattened our sections and crossovers, mid to Enduro style bikes good...big bikes there's a bit too much flat...I won't take the session up there again unless it's strict rock piles...

Taking a jr's DH team that is backed and funded for next seasons nationals DH up there to go over suspension and dialing it in so they can communicate through the season with mechanics and explain what's going on vs some dumb ass lingo...figure get em versed and they can know just enough to not irritate the tech and give him a good handle on direction of tune.