Quantcast

Well robdamanii...............................

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
makes nio difference to me what the article says (even though i did read it)i still dont beleive in chiropractors.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow. I sprained the soft tissue in my lower spine a couple weekends ago, and the hospital told me i was going to be better in a couple weeks. All thats happened is that the pain is moving up my spine and my muscles are sore as hell everyday. I figure the chiro can realign my back because things are tweaked as hell.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
chicodude said:
Why do mods get to torch people, but mods can't get torched?
The war in Iraq might be over before you get a answer to that question.

douglas said:
waa waa somebody is picking on me

holy crap, want a bunch of freakin pussies you all are
Remembering a bit of RM history about bannings, that is a funny post.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian is like the redneck who beats up gay people but is secretly in love with them. You sure do pick on Rob a lot.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Brian is like the redneck who beats up gay people but is secretly in love with them. You sure do pick on Rob a lot.
You mean like the neighbor in "American Beauty" who beats up his gay son but is in love in Kevin Spacey?

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
douglas said:
waa waa somebody is picking on me

holy crap, want a bunch of freakin pussies you all are

Brian, I thought your post was funny!
:stupid:
I was thinking the same thing. Did I miss something leading up to this? It does suck that Rob lost a pet, but still.....:confused:. It's obviously just a joke.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Well, I have been to 2 chiropractors that I would consider Quacks... I would walk in the office check in walk back the one guy would tell me a joke he would crack me and say I'll see you on Thursday... this type of chiropractor practices what is known as "straight chiropractics" and in my opinion is not worth talking to, let alone allowing him/her to treat you...

I was kinda down on Chiro's when I let my friend take me to a friend of hers, when I was having some knee problems... This guy took 35 minutes to analyze and diagnose... another 30 minutes I spent with electro stim on to relax the muscles, and then he did an adjustment including manipulation by cracking, and through the use of a percussor. He also used a "cold laser" to "stimulate cell regeneration" it turned out that the problem wasn't in my knee but in my hips, and my hip was puttin pressure on my gastrocnemius, and causing what I thought was the problem in my knee. I know the difference between the good and bad chiropractors, I have been to them both... and have thought a lot about a career change into chiropractic... the school that Rob goes to is one of the best, and was recommended by my doctor.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion I know I am a believer.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Wait, was Brian supposed to telepathically know that Rob was having a bad day, and was therefore "off limits" for their usual messing with each other?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Wait, was Brian supposed to telepathically know that Rob was having a bad day, and was therefore "off limits" for their usual messing with each other?
He was supposed to know that Rob is a complex and sensetive person and posting a BBC article would shatter his life. I think we need to start a fundraiser to send Rob a box of kleenex. Actually in this case I think Rob is doing just fine. Maybe a box of Kleenex for everyone else whose lives seem to have been shattered by the BBC article and Brian's comments.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brungeman said:
I was kinda down on Chiro's when I let my friend take me to a friend of hers, when I was having some knee problems... This guy took 35 minutes to analyze and diagnose... another 30 minutes I spent with electro stim on to relax the muscles, and then he did an adjustment including manipulation by cracking, and through the use of a percussor. He also used a "cold laser" to "stimulate cell regeneration"
i'm sorry; is that field an off-shoot of the well respected and world-renowned cold fusion research?

:rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
I find it rather amusing that Rob has not said anything in response to this thread.

Way to go, Rob. :thumb:
No kidding. Way to not rise to take the bait.

If this thread was posted by someone other than Brian I'd probably laugh and chalk it up to typical forum banter. Brian seems to take special pleasure in starting fights with Rob & BlueBug, though, so this instead gets lumped into the "childish crap" category. :rolleyes:

BlueBug, you should take a cue from your boyfriend. The thread was really not worthy of your response and your reply didn't make sense anyway - gee, maybe you should just make an announcement when he's in a bad mood so we don't pick on him?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
SkaredShtles said:
I find it rather amusing that Rob has not said anything in response to this thread.

Way to go, Rob. :thumb:
I'm sure he's just in class or something.
Don't worry, once he sees it, he'll go all crazy again.
At least that's what I'm hoping for :thumb:

J

JRB

Echo said:
uhm - rob did post that he was having a crappy day, so a little reading would have yielded the same thing as Brian's telepathic powers.

J

JRB

binary visions said:
<snip> maybe you should just make an announcement when he's in a bad mood so we don't pick on him?
Geez - catch up. I don't even pay attention to Rob and I saw his "could my day suck any more???" post. Apparently his pet died, so perhaps the answer was "yes".

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
Well I didn't bother to read any damn posts that day.
Well - I guess you only had your sh*tty telepathic powers to rely on then. :think: You suck at Ms. Cleo. Carry on.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
Geez - catch up. I don't even pay attention to Rob and I saw his "could my day suck any more???" post. Apparently his pet died, so perhaps the answer was "yes".
I haven't been reading or posting nearly as much lately, so not every thread gets clicked.

There have been exceptionally few interesting threads lately :think:

J

JRB

binary visions said:
I haven't been reading or posting nearly as much lately, so not every thread gets clicked.

There have been exceptionally few interesting threads lately :think:
Yah - you are certainly missing out on Rob's life then. It is a bit uninteresting, but I have tried my part to make some posters seem more intelligent.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco said:
uhm - rob did post that he was having a crappy day, so a little reading would have yielded the same thing as Brian's telepathic powers.
He's another one of those people who's posts I don't bother with unless they get reported.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
i'm sorry; is that field an off-shoot of the well respected and world-renowned cold fusion research?

:rolleyes:
no I don't think it is... :rolleyes: but if you have cable and have watched the "Lance chronicles" or "Chasing Lance" they actually showed the chiropractic doctors who treat the Discovery team and showed the treatment including "cold laser"... here if you care

Low-energy lasers (also known as cold lasers) have been promoted as an effective way to produce analgesia and accelerate healing of a variety of clinical conditions.

By definition, low energy laser therapy uses irradiation intensities that induce minimal temperature elevation (not more than 0.1-0.5&#176;C), if any. For practical purposes, this restricts treatment energies to a few J/cm&#178; and laser powers to 50 mW or less.

Despite these constraints, a wide variety of types of lasers, treatment schedules, and techniques have been used. Consequently, apparently conflicting results from studies of low-intensity lasers may not be in conflict, and may represent fundamental, but poorly understood, differences in treatment approaches.

Although the results from large, uncontrolled, open trials of low-energy lasers in inducing wound healing have shown benefit, controlled trials have shown little or no benefit. The analgesic effects of low-energy lasers have been most intensely studied in rheumatoid arthritis. Recent well-designed, controlled studies have found no benefit from low energy lasers in relieving pain in rheumatoid arthritis or other musculoskeletal conditions. Furthermore, although positive effects were found in some earlier studies, it was not clear that the pain relief achieved was large enough to have either clinical significance or to replace conventional therapies.

Published systematic reviews of the evidence have concluded that there is a lack of adequate evidence of effectiveness of cold laser therapy for treatment of chronic wounds (e.g., Schneider and Hailey, 1999; Cullum et al, 2002; Flemming and Cullum, 2002; Samson, et al., 2004; Simon, et al., 2004; Wang, 2004), musculoskeletal disorders (de Bie et al, 1998; Abdulwadud, 2001; Ohio BWC, 2004; Wang, 2004), arthritis (Brosseau et al, 2002a; Brosseau et al., 2002b; Marks and de Palma, 1999; Puett and Griffin, 1994; Wang, 2004), tuberculosis (Vlassov, et al., 2002), tinnitus (Waddell & Canter, 2002), and pain (Crawford et al, 2002; Gross et al, 2002; van der Heijden et al, 2002; Binder, 2002; Crawford, 2002; Speed and Hazleman, 2002). Systematic evidence reviews have also concluded that low-energy laser therapy (e.g., Microlight 830, Microlight Corporation of America, Missouri City, TX) is ineffective in treating carpal tunnel syndrome (Gerritsen et al, 2002; O'Connor et al, 2003; Ohio BWC, 2004; Wang, 2004).

A recent study (Hirschl et al, 2004) evaluated the effectiveness of low-level laser therapy in patients with primary Raynaud's phenomenon (n = 48). Laser and sham therapy each were applied 5 days a week for 3 weeks. The authors found that low-level laser therapy reduced the frequency and severity of Raynaud attacks. The findings of this study are interesting but need to be validated by further investigation with more patients and follow-up.

Kreisler et al (2004) assessed the effect of low-level laser application on post-operative pain after endodontic surgery in a double-blind, randomized clinical study. Fifty-two healthy adults undergoing endodontic surgery were included into the study. After suturing, 26 patients had the operation site treated with an 809 nm-GaAlAs-laser at a power output of 50 mW and an irradiation time of 150 s. Laser treatment was simulated in another 26 patients. Patients were instructed to evaluate their post-operative pain on 7 days following surgery by means of a visual analogue scale. The results revealed that the pain level in the laser-treated group was lower than in the placebo group throughout the 7 day follow-up period. The differences, however, were significant only on the first post-operative day. The authors stated that low-level laser therapy can be beneficial for the reduction of post-operative pain. However, its clinical effectiveness and applicability with regard to endodontic surgery need further investigation, especially in terms of the optimal energy dosage and the number of laser treatments needed after surgery.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brungeman said:
no I don't think it is... :rolleyes: but if you have cable and have watched the "Lance chronicles" or "Chasing Lance" they actually showed the chiropractic doctors who treat the Discovery team and showed the treatment including "cold laser"... here if you care
thanks for the link, a bit of digging and i found this:

Our ML830 successfully performed in several double blind studies and in many clinical trials where some rather substantial parties were involved, including Baylor College of Medicine and General Motors,"
well that's great, and i am not being facetious...my whole point is that these treatments need to subjected to the rigorous scrutiny as other forms of medicine, using the scientific method.

from rob's first post about 'hydromusculature blah blah blah' it seemed like the chiropractic field was littered w/ treatments that had snazzy marketing terms applied and little else. basically a step up from snake oil.

J

JRB

I don't care to read any articles, but the chiropractor helped me after my wreck in '96, when I couldn't get an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon for 4 months.

I went to a guy twice a week for about 3 months, and once a week for another 6 months. It helped tremendously while my back was actually healing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
johnbryanpeters said:
Your search - hydromusculature - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
i probably mis-typed from memory...try a search to find the original witch doctor thread. :devil: