Quantcast

Well, screw these pedals.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
As much as I love the feeling of Speedplay Frogs... their awesome free float, their kick in engagement, and their weight. I'm fed up with how fast the cleats wear when the weather gets wettish and how expensive they are to replace.

So I've decided to go back to TIME... I used TIME pedals for 6-7 years, and man have they changed... they look totally different, but seem to have the same principal. Snagged some XS carbon for pretty cheap, and a pair of cheaper ones for the SS. So I'm all in, both bikes... feels good to be going back to ol-reliable.

Anyone want to buy a pair of Frogs? I have a a pair with a cromo spindle and a pair with a stainless spindle. $30 for cromo $50 for stainless.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The Syzr looks cool. Would love to have the feel of the frogs without the durability issues... but after 4 years of waiting till "next spring" for a Syzr release. I'm going back to Times and not looking back.

Speaking of that pedal, it looks to be completely different than the original Syzr concept. Looks like a flatter SPD with a floating cleat. Would be cool if they just started manufacturing SPD compatible cleats with free float... I'd buy it. XTR reliability with free float FTMFW.

Last edited: