Quantcast

Well since BB hights are in...i guess ill post these

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
This is my bros Trek session 10...i know some of the pics are crooked...but it gives you an idea of actual bb hight

NO sag...

WITH SAG

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
12-12.5 with sag is sweet IMO!

Any lower and you better not pedal much! My VPFree has a stated static BB height of 15.4 but it settles to about 12.5 and I still bash off of tons of things, yet it rails pretty well! 2dges of headangle and .5" off that BB at sag and its a DH bike!!

Thats a session 10? With 2.5" of its 10" sagged it has a 12" BB -- woot... that thing will about bury the bashguard on a G-out!! Kewel...

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
i think he was being sarcastic...in which case you are now pwnd? =] haha

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
I think BB heights are about how you ride, what your ride, and your style. If your full out racing, go lower. If you like to jump a f around, than you can go slightly higher for a livlier feel. Any ways, how does session 10 ride? with all that travel, how does it compare to a V10 which has different geometry and suspension design?

any one have news on the session 8?

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I just don't find this all that special.

My 2005 Norco Team DH is 13.5" static and around 11.5" at sag with a 64.3 degree head angle (static). Mine has a custom shock shuttle to get those numbers, but I built it to mimic the 2007 model. It's a pretty normal DH race bike geometry I thought.

I clip the odd pedal and sometimes nail the bashguard but that's what it's there for.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
thank you for finally stating the obvious that everybody obviously missed. although very nice numbers man should make for some fun rock bashin.:cheers:

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
just measured my swd's bb height, sitting at 13.2" without sag... pretty damn low, makes for some sweet pedal grinds on some turns...

but it's also effing badass in berms...