Quantcast

Well that escalated quickly...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
just to agree with that.

worst tippers = tie between females (specially black ones) and single mexicans.
good tippers = middle age single white guys.
best tippers = gay male couple.

so, from my summer as a waiter while i was in college in the US, i can distinctly remember.... the worst possible table is a table with 4 single black females. you´ll be lucky to get $1 from each.
while the hispanics would leave a similar tip, they would much, much less demanding.
I was going to say, "holy crap, black females and single mexicans are stingy tippers even in South America??"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I was going to say, "holy crap, black females and single mexicans are stingy tippers even in South America??"
i'll need a canadian to confirm, but i believe it's more PC to call them "african-south-american"

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BTW - if you work at Applebees, and someone gets you fired, you should thank them and move on with your life. They could do you no greater favor.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
That said, fvck people who justify selfishness in the name of an invisible grampa in the sky.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
blackface is still somewhat acceptable around here.
hell, up to a couple years ago, a tv show had a guy doing blackface on primetime.
so it's safe to say the US is no longer #1 in the racism department....solid #2...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
so it's safe to say the US is no longer #1 in the racism department....solid #2...
i also dwell a general interest peruvian forum, forosperu, where the userbase is mostly middle class peruvians aged 16-30.... once somebody asked whether this characters were racists; and i had a really, really hard time explaining why blackface is wrong.
most of my homeboys did not see any racism on it at all. for real. i was told, by the majority, that i just saw racism everywhere.

this is the guy in blackface, who had portrayed a dim witted petty thief for years in primetime.

and this is another character, the same actor portraying a quechua woman, who happens to be dumb, smelly and with a thick accent. just like the stereotype for native quechuas.

both are characters that have been for years on primetime, and i´d venture to guess at least 90% of the general population dont really see any issue with this. :confused:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I love you internets.

Click through for the full story, too entertaining to post a synopsis of it.

It still amazes me that this "Christian priest" instead of turning the other cheek when publicly being caught out lashes out.

"My heart is really broken," the 37-year-old told The Smoking Gun. "I've brought embarrassment to my church and ministry."
So in your own words YOU brought embarrassment to your church, but you want others to be punished for your public behavior being known publicly?
Sick hypocritical sack of sh*t.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Found this on Reddit. Not to put words in his mouth, but it seems like something Andyman would write.

*edit: FWIW I mean that as a compliment to both the author and Andyman.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
^^^ great pull; unfortunately, rep machine offline for maintenance

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Found this on Reddit. Not to put words in his mouth, but it seems like something Andyman would write.

*edit: FWIW I mean that as a compliment to both the author and Andyman.
I saw a blip on FB about that........but I must say Mr. Wasson encapsulates my feelings not just about this idiot "pastor" but about modern evangelical Christianity in the US as a whole......pretty much why I refuse to attend an organized church these days.

On a side note: dollars for doughnuts that "pastor" is one of the "name and claim it" variety. These folks believe that material prosperity is a sign of God's favor......and thus encourage their flocks to go buy large houses and cars they can't afford on "faith" that God wants them to have it........ugly and disgusting!!!

I wonder if that pastor has read Luke 16 where Jesus talks about the cheap dude who ends up in hell......not because he didn't have faith, but because he was not generous to others. The Hebrew Text is chock full of stories about those who are not generous to those around them ending up in bad places........

I'm so tired of this.................