Quantcast

Well, they accepted our offer on a house.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Now I'm sh*tting bricks, we did it non contingent on the sale of our house. It's in a great area (actually were I grew up), however I'm not totally stoked on the house. It's needs to be totally updated, which I don't really care about. The positive side is I get my 3 car garage & 5th bedroom:thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Now I'm sh*tting bricks, we did it non contingent on the sale of our house. It's in a great area (actually were I grew up), however I'm not totally stoked on the house. It's needs to be totally updated, which I don't really care about. The positive side is I get my 3 car garage & 5th bedroom:thumb:
I don't even want to know how much you paid.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Brian HCM#1 said:
5 bedrooms! Good gawd.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
:thumb: congrats.. now comes all the fun stuff.. hopfully i will be closing in a month

umm 5 bedrooms??? planning on having any kids???

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
They were asking $1,059,000 and got it for $1,040,000. I can do a lot of the remodling myself, I'm hoping we can do the whole house for around $100,000 - $150,000, which seems very doable. A house last month sold there that was totally fixed up for over $1.3.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
hooples3 said:
:thumb: congrats.. now comes all the fun stuff.. hopfully i will be closing in a month

umm 5 bedrooms??? planning on having any kids???
I have 2 already, but Iwant to have the extra bedroom for a play room for the kids to keep all their toys in instaed of in the family room. The 4th bedroom then would be my office.

J

JRB

Whoa - that would be $250k here.

*are you gay??? Why the tennis court??? :D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
loco said:

*are you gay??? Why the tennis court??? :D
There is no tennis court, it's part of the association which also has a pool. And it would be $250K where you live cause no one wants to live where you're at.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
There is no tennis court, it's part of the association which also has a pool. And it would be $250K where you live cause no one wants to live where you're at.
yeah - it is so over-rated not paying $4,000 a month. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't understand the idea of "location location location" when people then go and build themselves a mini castle and never so much as lool out a window let alone go outside.

Not directed at Brian, just something I've noticed locally.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Brian HCM#1 said:
. It's all about location my friend.

exactly thats why I love that i am paying $400/month for my 3 bedroon, 2 car garage, 1/2 acre, pool, etc place that minutes to 3 hours from:

NYC, Boston, Montreal, skiing, hiking & biking in the Catskills, Adirondacks, and Green Mountains of VT, plus tons of other bike trails, really nice Parks, the ocean, lakes, etc, etc

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
douglas said:
exactly thats why I love that i am paying $400/month for my 3 bedroon, 2 car garage, 1/2 acre, pool, etc place that minutes to 3 hours from:

NYC, Boston, Montreal, skiing, hiking & biking in the Catskills, Adirondacks, and Green Mountains of VT, plus tons of other bike trails, really nice Parks, the ocean, lakes, etc, etc
WOW $400 a month, that must be nice. Remember though.....................this is California.

Whatever that means:think:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Woah! ........I'm stunned at those numbers. Can't.....fathom.....big.....numbers.....brain......can't....comprehend.......very, very....poor....I...am.

Yeah....I'd hit it too, stosh. :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Brian HCM#1 said:
WOW $400 a month, that must be nice. Remember though.....................this is California.

Whatever that means:think:
used almost all the $ from the sale of house# 1 to put down on house$2, plus 3 years ago houses were pretty cheap around here

Cali is the only place I have been to, that I liked enough that I actually would want to move there

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
used almost all the $ from the sale of house# 1 to put down on house$2, plus 3 years ago houses were pretty cheap around here

Cali is the only place I have been to, that I liked enough that I actually would want to move there
Funny, even if the cost of living was the same as here, I wouldn't want to move to California.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
yea, no crap - that would be $150k around here, maybe a little more or a little less depending on the town/neighborhood it was in. And we don't have earthquakes, wildfires, etc.

But back on topic - congrats on the purchase, and good luck selling yours and doing all the work on the new one. My wife and I just started looking

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
yea, no crap - that would be $150k around here, maybe a little more or a little less depending on the town/neighborhood it was in. And we don't have earthquakes, wildfires, etc.

But back on topic - congrats on the purchase, and good luck selling yours and doing all the work on the new one. My wife and I just started looking
Whoa - don't let those sumbitches win, man. :mumble: