Quantcast

Well we gave the guy a fighting chance to live

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This guy crashed his motorcycle really hard today just south of our firestation. Smashed his head into some rocks when he laid it down. only reason he was alive when we got there was a helmet and full leathers.

he was fairly messed up though, it took crews from Santa Cruz Co Fire [My Team at the Landing Zone], CDF& Santa Clara County [Paramedics] AMR Ambulance Paramendics and Stanford Life Flight pilot and flight nurses to pull this off...

I'm on the far left talking to the Pilot

I'm the guy on the right on the hose line at the front of the engine

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
When someone crashes like that do you guys take their helmet off or leave it on for the docs to take off? How bad was the guy? Do you think he'll make it?

Those are some great pics. Thanks for sharing them.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
eric strt6 said:
why not?

we landed the Helo in their front yard....that's their driveway
It's only ok if it shows all the nasty details, so when he gets better he can pull that bad boy outta the library and be like "This is me before the 13 years of intensive physical therapy so I can eat solid foods now." Just like all my crash footage....it's always nice to have an actual record of the accident and amount of stitches...cause more often than not, I forget....stupid head trauma...

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
About 12 years ago at a place I worked a member of the local Fire Dept was showing off a few pics of a car wreck. Four people died in the wreck and one was actually beheaded. I for one didn't look at the pics but those who did said that they were very detailed and actually showed all 4 victims in their messed up state. Turns out that a lady that worked there was the daughter of one of the victims. As you could imagine she wasn't very happy with this display. The firefighter was fired from work and removed from the fire dept. I myself think that was the right call.

I really don't see anything wrong with the pics in this thread as it doesn't show any close ups or anything.

Hope he is ok!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
judging by the helmet and the fact that he was in full leathers, i'll assume he was riding a sportbike? what kind? and any clue on how/why he went down? i rode for several years before i had to sell my bike for financial reasons but i plan on getting another one soon...always like to learn from others mistakes if possible.
good, tasteful pics! :thumb:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
some dudes just shouldn't have crotch-rockets - it's like a retroactive abortion. just a little cruel darwinism going on there...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Nawp. Way north, actually. Toronto.

Selling Mac computers for god's sakes, and welding some custom furniture for an artist friend of mine.

just thought i'd take a reminiscent ride over the forums for old time's sakes.

How're you and the missus doing?

I still have dreams of that damn Viking range you've got!

(cursing and cooking on electric ranges!)

rc.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
sooner or later, dood, the rock must give up it's under-bounty.

so yeah, i crawled out, saw the sun, got a tan, etc.

funky thing is - for the first time in 20 years, i'm without any form of two wheeler.

i'm wandering around town with a mini digi-cam taking pics of all the truly crap bikes out there - man, is toronto the 4th world or what?

i'll post them eventually and we can all have a good laugh.