Quantcast

Well, we won't be doing business with Riderz Ready...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I think as a well established member of the "freak nation" at times its incumbent upon me to rebroadcast certain things. When businesses won't do business with freaks, it comes down to making sure we take our money elsewhere. Someone here suggested this guy to me, and I wanted those who like the f-bomb to know that this is not the guy to take your business to.

I had stated with this guy what it was I wanted, who it was that I am, and what it was that I was looking for. He chose to overlook that.

Kavu, yea, I do like pushing buttons. Nothing bothers me more than some soccer mommy or daddy hiding their close minded views behind the guise of family values. I don't have kids, nor do I want them. While I respect the decision to have them, as it is what propagates the species, I don't agree that just because you chose to breed that I need to turn down the volume on my natural ways.

Selfish? Inappropriate? Perhaps, but its still my inherent right to be an asshole. You might not like it, but then again, I might not like you walking on a single track with a triple wide stroller. I appreciate hot MILFS in yoga pants just as much as the next guy, but I don't appreciate your kids running amok everywhere.

I found another vendor willing to do it. It'll cost twice as much, but since I don't have kids, and since its now a matter of principal, I ordered them this morning. Mark saying he's worried because BMX is a family sport just doesn't wash. As several have said, a lot of BMX tracks and those who are there make DH racers, even with our colorful language, look like the Prophet of the LDS church.

Mostly what bothers me is if these are your views, state them in a mission statement. I am not one to force my views on yours, but I have to know you're not of my ilk to not do this.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Haha!
also, 5 dudes getting matching jerseys to commemorate a road trip? sounds like you may have caught teh ghey. is "road trip to moab" the new secret code for "all male bukakke"?

Another vote here for turning the idea down and respecting his business. He let you know he would not personally be offended and neither would I but it was his "business decision". I see how the delay in decline could offend you but like someone said he probably hasn't had to deal with an idea like this till now. So he thought about it, give him credit for that at least.

And as far as he knows, you may not be as discrete with where you wear it anyway. Couple beers after a local ride where you all decided to bring out the shirts for a commemorative ride and now you're running a little late with time. You forget to take off the jersey, and on the drive home you get a call from the ol' lady saying she wants you to stop in Walmart to pick up a pack of maxi's. You agree because she's already giving you **** for running late. All the sudden you're on peopleofwalmart.com with the jersey on holding a box of maxi's but even worse is you get into it with a heavy middle aged woman standing in line to the point where a fight breaks out and she rips off the jersey exposing both your hairy dirty sweaty upper sections along with the tag exposing who is responsible for producing such an offensive garment. He can't risk that type of exposure.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
b4stard is a curse word? I guess it depends on use. Interesting to note the things people are uptight about.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Assless chaps are useful for several outings. Don't judge me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Its not like he surprised the jersey maker last minute with his request, homey should have let him know he wasn't comfortable with the work.
What I read from the original post is that DMG talked about logistics for a couple weeks, and when the designs finally were sent, the guy declined because he saw the printing on it.

Is that not the case, Dirt?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I sent the first idea in the first email. I think he glanced at it, sent it off to his art guy. Maybe once he got back around to it two weeks later when I sent a reminder email it then set in what I was asking for.

I'm not bitter about him not wanting to do it. I disagree with his logic, and I disagree with his values. However, its his business, his printers, his shop. I get that. What I am annoyed with is the time delay. If you don't like f-bombs, or other fun words, ideas, gestures, etc, then just tell me that up front.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
it is also not his place to basically slam us for being who we are.
I didn't get the sense he was slamming you in any way.

How about this? have you thought about getting the jersey with everything but the word re***d on it? And then using something like a sharpie to write that last word yourself? Might even seem "cooler" that way since you could make some of the letters backwards or have it be all sloppy writing.

Just a thought.

I'm all for you being able to express yourself, and I'm all for him being able to do the same. just tooo bad the two conflicted here.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
To the OP, you seem to hate AZ an awful lot.

Its not a secret that its a pretty conservative state. But you do seem to enjoy pushing buttons, so you're in the right place! I had a friend who was as cynical and jaded as you by this place...after years of complaining, he finally left.

SLUGMAN? Or him too?
;)

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The "fvcktard" thing is something we all call each other. Have been doing that since day one. It came from someone riding across a parking lot, an incident with the side of a keg, and the puncture that caused the story.

And honestly, who cares what we put on it? Its our money, and we're willing to put them on our backs. I found a shop that was happy to take the money. Not my problem or concern if someone else outside the group is offended. You get a Jeebus fish on your car, I get to write fvck right above my tramp stamp. The world keeps spinning.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That lady was AWESOME! I have never seen something that fantastic.
She then took the money. And spent it on a gastric bypass if I remember right.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Yeah, it was pretty out of control! I also like the part where she says:

"She's not a CHRISTIAN!!!"

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Between this and the Monkeyfest thread, I'm picturing Dirt more and more as Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Of course with more tattoos, swearing and traces of coke under the nose.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The "fvcktard" thing is something we all call each other. Have been doing that since day one. It came from someone riding across a parking lot, an incident with the side of a keg, and the puncture that caused the story.

And honestly, who cares what we put on it? Its our money, and we're willing to put them on our backs. I found a shop that was happy to take the money. Not my problem or concern if someone else outside the group is offended. You get a Jeebus fish on your car, I get to write fvck right above my tramp stamp. The world keeps spinning.
You mean there's not enough room on your billboard sized ass to fit more obscenity.
:bad:

Fvcktard

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I guess you should preface your next order with:

"Here's just a sample of how x-treme I am. So read on, and buckle up, Mr./Ms. Potential jersey maker!"

"I think if we're having kids/under age riders, this is about where I bow out. I am a bit of the wild bunch, so even without my riding buddies showing up, I am inappropriate for children/young adults."

"Oddly, that's not the way I do things either. I am a friendly drunk, sometimes too friendly, but I also am a bit verbose, a bit obscene, and a bit disgusting. I just don't like to travel and then have to censor myself. Sounds like it would have been a good time, but I am just not a big partaker in kids/under age utes.
"

I'm guessing you'll receive a bunch of jerseys with either this graphic on it:

Or this one:

They'll make for a nice keepsake of your next AMBF (all male bukkake fest).

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Are you delirious from denying yourself nourishment?

You almost sound rational as you lay out your position. But then it becomes clear you're calling this censorship (which it's not) based on a right wing agenda (seriously? paranoid much?), and that now you want to hurt this guy's business, even though you admit it is his call. Overall pretty weak sauce.

It doesn't take any creativity or intelligence to offend someone.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
You almost sound rational as you lay out your position. But then it becomes clear you're calling this censorship (which it's not) based on a right wing agenda (seriously? paranoid much?), and that now you want to hurt this guy's business, even though you admit it is his call.
I think he was just bragging. I, however, won't be impressed until the cellphone pics of the inside of the Grand County Jail get posted halfway through his trip.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
The customer is always right if you have no self respect and your only concern is to make a quick buck.

Not that I give two ****s what your jersey's say, but if someone asks me to do some work for them, and I think the design is ****, I don't have to do it. You can find someone else or make it your self.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
When I was printing, I drew the line at racist ****. (example, I refused to print shirts for a white supremacist ex-prison gang...)

That's about it.

Most shops write their own rules though. It's their shop, they'll print what they want. If they fee
l they need to protect future business by refusing to print certain things, then no biggie. Find the next shop.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My only real objection is that it took them two weeks to tell me this. The time crunch does end up adding to the cost to take it to another shop to get it done. Cost plus wasting my time is really what grinds my gears.