Quantcast

Well, wound up getting $150 brake levers for $15

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
Rip said:
And yes I know they are in purple ano. 1996 Avid Speed Dial Ultimates.
I had a pair of those (not in purple though) that I liked - except I kept cutting the backs of my fingers on the insides of the levers.

The two part clamp is sweet though.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
splat said:
hey that is what is on my Wifes Hard tail !

so is that garage door real wood ? or Plastic with an insulation fill ?

I bet real wood, but then it begs the question: What type of tubes are in it? And are there two doors? Is a wok hiding behind them?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Wumpus said:
I have a pair of those in red. Had to stop using them when they quit making suspension forks drilled for cantis.:mumble:
Can't you adjust them enough to work with V's and modern Mech Disks? Looks like he is. :think:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Do those work well with your brakes? I figured that since they are canti levers, they wouldn't work well (or necessarily at all) with V-brakes or mech discs.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
JRogers said:
Do those work well with your brakes? I figured that since they are canti levers, they wouldn't work well (or necessarily at all) with V-brakes or mech discs.
Didn't the dial allow you to move the cable stop way out to the end of the adjustment so you could run V's (or terrible feelign Canti's with way to little leverage)

Maybe they "kinda" worked and pople bought the correct levers instead. I remember there being a large amoutn of adjustment on the levers (roommate in college had them) but the better question is was it enough pull to match the requirements of the V's :think:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
PsychO!1 said:
When did Avid Speed Dials cost $150?
they are the speed dial ultimates. the new versions still cost $150. I can't see how it would be worth it but regardless they look pretty sweet.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
SkaredShtles said:
Sweet deal! I picked up a $250 fork the other day for $3!

SCORE!

:think:
coulda sold you mine, but it is in the dumpster of despair.
those levers are hot, people just don't understand the power of purple. Had an 06 purple Y-11 (which the above fork came off of). Damn that was fine looking bike...

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
The hot ticket in '94 was to get a set of Grafton cranks in purple ano. You had a buddy get a set in another color, and you each swap one arm. :cool: :rolleyes: In retrospect our bikes looked real dumb.