Quantcast

Went and saw Cake last night...Wow!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surfinguru, Oct 15, 2005.

1. surfinguru

surfinguru Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Santa Cruz (the land of a thousand worthless tree
    I've always kind of liked them since they're pretty eclectic, but I had never seen them live before. Have to say, they put on a kick ass show. Lot of fun!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. blt2ride

blt2ride Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    I'm sure it was a good show. The Mars Volta played last night in Santa Barbara. I didn't make it up north for the show, but I would like to hear from anyone who did attend the show.

3. Discostu

Discostu Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    I was never a huge fan of Cake until they played live at my school this spring. They put on a great show, and I've been a big fan ever since.

4. Spitfired

Spitfired Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Ah, I wanted to see them at teh begining of last year in Toronto.
    My brother ended up going and said the show was exellent, but however the singer was sort of strange. He got mad when people wern't dancing and singing along enough.

5. kinghami3

kinghami3 Future Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    Dang, I missed them when they came through seattle. Does sound like a kickass show :thumb:

6. surfinguru

surfinguru Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Santa Cruz (the land of a thousand worthless tree
    Yeah, McRea's a trip. I think he's very Morrison-esque/cult like. During "No Phone" he went off on this classic diatribe about how all us guys are all pissed off because women always want to know "what are you thinking?" and then got the guys singing "No phone, no phone, I just want to be alone." I know he was *acting* for the show to get us all involved, but damn it was hella funny.

The last encore of the night was "The Distance." :thumb: Phucking rocked the placed out with that one....