Quantcast

Went and saw Cake last night...Wow!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
surfinguru said:
I've always kind of liked them since they're pretty eclectic, but I had never seen them live before. Have to say, they put on a kick ass show. Lot of fun!
I'm sure it was a good show. The Mars Volta played last night in Santa Barbara. I didn't make it up north for the show, but I would like to hear from anyone who did attend the show.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I was never a huge fan of Cake until they played live at my school this spring. They put on a great show, and I've been a big fan ever since.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Ah, I wanted to see them at teh begining of last year in Toronto.
My brother ended up going and said the show was exellent, but however the singer was sort of strange. He got mad when people wern't dancing and singing along enough.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
surfinguru said:
I've always kind of liked them since they're pretty eclectic, but I had never seen them live before. Have to say, they put on a kick ass show. Lot of fun!
Dang, I missed them when they came through seattle. Does sound like a kickass show :thumb:

Spitfired said:
Ah, I wanted to see them at teh begining of last year in Toronto.
My brother ended up going and said the show was exellent, but however the singer was sort of strange. He got mad when people wern't dancing and singing along enough.
Yeah, McRea's a trip. I think he's very Morrison-esque/cult like. During "No Phone" he went off on this classic diatribe about how all us guys are all pissed off because women always want to know "what are you thinking?" and then got the guys singing "No phone, no phone, I just want to be alone." I know he was *acting* for the show to get us all involved, but damn it was hella funny.

The last encore of the night was "The Distance." :thumb: Phucking rocked the placed out with that one....