Quantcast

went for a ride on galbraith.... ahhhh

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
So I haven't had bikes for quite a few months now since they had gotten stolen and I decided enough was enough so I used littlestinky's bike to go for a ride.....

WAY to small, but still had fun. I took Kona (dog) out with me and had a pretty good ride!

Just two pictures is all, not to much to take pics of when you're riding alone...

I think Kona was a little to close to my rear wheel... for some reason she had a pile of mud on her nose.

Hopefully get out again tomorrow morning!!!

Attachments

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
dwaugh said:
What was your route? I cant tell where you were from the pics...
Went up galbraith ln to blue rock and took part of 911 down to the gravel road that's where the pic of kona was taken

then past chutes and ladders to another trail on the right and headed down,

then a left at the end of that to another trail on the right and that trail ended up crossing a small creek with a wood ladder crossing it that is very very skinny at the beggining and it brings you to a muddy road back to the galbraith ln. road.

can you tell i don't know the trails up there? HAHAHA.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
i know the line you took.

i used to use that line all the time to finish off my days... nice choice :)

how is chutes these days? last time i was there (1 year+) it was all gone and/or ready to fall down....

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
seand said:
i know the line you took.

i used to use that line all the time to finish off my days... nice choice :)

how is chutes these days? last time i was there (1 year+) it was all gone and/or ready to fall down....
Yeah, I went in and it looks like it's not ridden at all! I actually could hardly tell where the trail went, so I ended up heading back out up to the gravel road and heading down it some past bottom of shauns trail and took the trail next on the right. (make sense?)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
there used to be a trail called "huck it" after shawns trail. you came out shawns and headed left (away from chutes). on the right by a big log/tree a little ways up the road was a trail...this was actually quite a fun trail and led to another fun trail with a good sized (8 footer) ladder drop to natural tranny..dont know if that is still there, but if it is, its another way to get out back to galby lane...

and yeah, i always called that other trail you were talkinga bout "lower chutes" because i dont know its name :)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
That one after chutes is a trail that really doesnt have a name is kinda weird. I've been on that one, huck it, a while ago and saw that drop. I dont know it it is there anymore. Chutes is messed up, there are fallen trees across the trail and some ladders that were remaining were destroyed somehow, I dont know who did it. Basically, chutes is not an open trail right now, take lost giants instead. If you want to me to lead you on a good ride sometime I'll do it. We never went on that ride that one time, and then you lost your bikes the next week. :(

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
we MAY be coming up on friday if you want to go for a ride with us :) should I bring a big bike or my hardtail? i dont know what galby is like anymore...

thoughts?

:)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Kona looks f-ing huge now man. I don't think you know how long it has been since I saw him last. Cute as ever.

Can't wait to get my brakes up here. :D (thanks)

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Roasted said:
Kona looks f-ing huge now man. I don't think you know how long it has been since I saw him last. Cute as ever.

Can't wait to get my brakes up here. :D (thanks)
It's just a visual effect of that pic I think cause SHE hasn't grown much. Kona is gonna naw on your leg next time for calling her a him. :thumb:

P.s. Littlestinky wants pictures of Kona with the penguin (spelling?)

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
dwaugh said:
I'd say hardtail. When on friday?
I'm gonna try and get out for an early ride on Friday... I have to work at 12:00 but I'd be up for another ride! (If you all don't mind a slow guy on a small bike taggin along) :dancing:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
dwaugh said:
I'd say hardtail. When on friday?
be there at 9am friday? will that work for you? if i cant get my hardtail built up, im stuck on my fr/dh bike which will be super slow. but if slcpunk21 is riding slow, then we are set! :)

let me know if this will work for you!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
oh man, but 3 will will be gone :)

ahhh well...

i found out that for some reason we have off from work on friday...then im told its good friday...heh okay.

so i figured friday is a good day for galby; should be pretty empty.

ill just follow along the trails i used to hit up and see if i notice anything new..

can you suggest anything i should ride? i plan on going up to wonderland for sure...is scorpion worth riding? how bout kungfu->911?

exciting :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
slcpunk21 said:
It's just a visual effect of that pic I think cause SHE hasn't grown much. Kona is gonna naw on your leg next time for calling her a him. :thumb:

P.s. Littlestinky wants pictures of Kona with the penguin (spelling?)
Get HER too...that would be cute.

You mean these. I have larger copies I can pm you with later.

Attachments

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
seand said:
keystone is alive again? i remember when that was un-rideable. SWEET!

thanks for the tip!
It is now mostly a clearcut trail. I never rode it before it was clearcut, but it is ont onf my favorite trails how it is right now. I suggest the line that I suggested. Its good. :monkey:

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
seand said:
oh man, but 3 will will be gone :)

ahhh well...

i found out that for some reason we have off from work on friday...then im told its good friday...heh okay.

so i figured friday is a good day for galby; should be pretty empty.

ill just follow along the trails i used to hit up and see if i notice anything new..

can you suggest anything i should ride? i plan on going up to wonderland for sure...is scorpion worth riding? how bout kungfu->911?

exciting :)
If you are coming up on friday to ride that would be rad! Give me a call I don't have to work at the shop till 12. So if you don't mind me riding littlestinky's bike and being a little slow I'd be up for a ride!

PM me with details and I can give yah my number.

Oh and on a side note I am getting money sent to me for my bikes from my insurance company... oh oh oh what bikes should I get??????

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
dwaugh said:
Do wonderland, naughty nellie, keystone, oly, 2 1/2, kung fu, 911,and you decide from there. :thumb:

ahh, the best xc rip from the galbraith lane side imho. watch our for the first log on the new oly if it is wet. tires don't grip too well on it :dead:

scorpion/evolution/whatever the heck it is called now is sick. the whole trail has been reworked probably since the last time you were there. take the second left at the top (stepdown into burm) and then stay left, find the kicker, and give'r. also, 911 is really fun right now (although nothing like the old trail). and if all goes according to plan, just wait a few months for 911 to become the premier trail on the mtn ;)

i will say that galby is the best that it has ever been in the 6 years i have been riding there, and leaps and bounds better than it was when the chainsaws came out (whimps and loggers). I passed up a vedder ride a couple weeks ago for a rip on galby, and don't regret it at all :cool:

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
rosifer - you have me really looking forward to friday! sweet!!!

slc - check your PM box...we can both be slow-asses :)

911 used to be awesome. i used to love sitting and watching people eat poo off the a-frame from kungfu->911/crazy8s and then in the rock garden entrance for 911...

there was also a jump trail that stsarted just beyond the firepit trail...is that still around? it was short, but was fun.

ill have to give scorpion/evolution a go and see whats up...

is it really only 2pm? pffft

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
how can el pollo be better if you never checked the other out? :)

the jump trail is short and when you come out, head left..go up the road and eventually you will wind up back at the trailhead for kungfu...then you can head down el pollo...

check it out some time... :)

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
dwaugh said:
I've heard that the trail after the fire pit is a small jumps trail, but I havent checked it out because El Pollo is better.
Dont be a Galbraith kook!! Every trail deserves to be checked out just for the sake of being adventurous and being a mountain biker. I know from reading this forum that you cant jump and have no intention of ever learning, and have read your negative thoughts on trails like scorpion, shawns, 911 and it sounds like you probably have'nt rode those either. You not checking out these trails is totally your loss, but dont sway other people that are interested just cause your not open minded to progression and adventure!

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
two1 said:
Dont be a Galbraith kook!! Every trail deserves to be checked out just for the sake of being adventurous and being a mountain biker. I know from reading this forum that you cant jump and have no intention of ever learning, and have read your negative thoughts on trails like scorpion, shawns, 911 and it sounds like you probably have'nt rode those either. You not checking out these trails is totally your loss, but dont sway other people that are interested just cause your not open minded to progression and adventure!

Holy poo poo... that's pretty ruff

I know dwaugh and if you haven't been to his house then I wouldn't say anything about him not wanting to get air! Head by his house one day and see what he's done... mad props to dwaugh for that!

I have a feeling you might be mistaking what he is saying... give the kid a chance dude. And how about you lighten up on the negativity bro... we are all allowed to give our input on what trails we like, if those people decide to listen then fine, if not.. guess what it's still fine.