Quantcast

went on a cros country ride yesterday

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
if you're on earth and you're looking up at the sky, it's blue. if you're up in space/the sky and you look down at earth, it's blue. can some explain?

i'm sooo bored today...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
reflux said:
if you're on earth and you're looking up at the sky, it's blue. if you're up in space/the sky and you look down at earth, it's blue. can some explain?

i'm sooo bored today...

that is a very good question.

feel free to discuss.

i think we should hijack this thread.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
reflux said:

i'm sooo bored today...
Cool you've been up in space?

The sky is blue because blue having the shortest wavelength in the spectrum and is most readily scatteried in the atmosphere. The sky can apear other colors like during a sunset where the light is coming at more of a direct angle from the sun and is passing through the longest path through the atmosphere. The Earth seems blue from space because the earth is mostly water. Water apears blue for the same reasons the sky is blue.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
Cool you've been up in space?

The sky is blue because blue having the shortest wavelength in the spectrum and is most readily scatteried in the atmosphere. The sky can apear other colors like during a sunset where the light is coming at more of a direct angle from the sun and is passing through the longest path through the atmosphere. The Earth seems blue from space because the earth is mostly water. Water apears blue for the same reasons the sky is blue.

wow, you just destroyed all possibilitiesof actually discussing this subject. keep your scientific mumbo jumbo away from me. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
wow, you just destroyed all possibilitiesof actually discussing this subject. keep your scientific mumbo jumbo away from me. :D
Just make it up, like I did.

Actually the sky is blue from balloons. Have you ever wondered where all the latex helium balloons go when you let them go. They float into the upper atmosphere and just hang out. Of course balloons come in all different colors but since blue is the cheepest to manufacture 53% of all lates balloons are blue. After millions have been released the sky has turned blue. Befor that it was camo.

The ocean is blue from all the 2000 flushes blue things people put in their toilets. All that dye has eventually made it into the ocean and turned it blue. Before that it was also camo.

Good god I'm bored.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
so when they were both camo could you actually see them?
You could see them but you could not tell where the water ended and the sky began. That is why they used to think you could fall off the end of the world.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the ol' "the world is flat" theory huh? did they change simultaneously? i would think that the sky would change first since balloons have been around longer than the sani-flush things.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
the ol' "the world is flat" theory huh? did they change simultaneously? i would think that the sky would change first since balloons have been around longer than the sani-flush things.
The sky did not exist until 1903 when the Wright brothers invented it on to help with their first airplane flight.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yes but then thta would have made it impossible to even come up with the idea of flying. i mean if there was no sky.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
yes but then thta would have made it impossible to even come up with the idea of flying. i mean if there was no sky.
They were true visionaries. They originally tried to fly an airplane inside a large cardboard box. That did not work so they invented the sky. Interestingly enough this is also when the term "thinking outside the box" was coined.

Back on topic. I am going on an XC ride in 1 hour and 24 minutes. :dancing:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
They were true visionaries. They originally tried to fly an airplane inside a large cardboard box. That did not work so they invented the sky. Interestingly enough this is also when the term "thinking outside the box" was coined.

Back on topic. I am going on an XC ride in 1 hour and 24 minutes. :dancing:

all this of course after they invented the cardboard box.

have a good ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Didn't you hear? XC is for sissies...........

-S.S.-
I don't want to be a sissy. How 'bout I get a 6" travel bike, ride the same trails and call it trail riding.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Westy said:
I don't want to be a sissy. How 'bout I get a 6" travel bike, ride the same trails and call it trail riding.

im just gonna have fun posting every time i go on an xc ride 3 or 4 times a week.