Quantcast

went shopping today mit picture...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
and bought booze... never go in undergunned... 13 cases of german piss ready to ship back to the US on monday... total damage 190 euro inc. deposit which prolly averaged out at 4 euro per case...

and no, i m not looking for people to help drink them :)... except finn, he ll be on the piss as thanks for showing me the POW goods...

stay tuned for the 'partsbara welcome back to america piss up'...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
How much is going to cost to ship all that beer?

13 cases * 24 beers / case * ~12 oz per beer /16 oz per lb = 234 lbs is a hell of a lot of $$$ in shipping! (and I'm ignoring the glass)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jdschall said:

13 cases * 24 beers / case * ~12 oz per beer /16 oz per lb = 234 lbs is a hell of a lot of $$$ in shipping! (and I'm ignoring the glass)
kinda makes you wonder how Chile, Argentina, and Australia can sell so much inexpensive wine, doesn't it?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
jdschall said:

free... military pays for it... your tax money at work right here !!! we have an allowance of 11000lb for household goods... about 9000 actual lb, so the diff, of 2000lb is free... i had to look into the duty regs for CA tho'... 99% sure i ll get away without any duty... if i don t it ll prolly be no more than a quarter per bottle...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
partsbara said:
free... military pays for it... your tax money at work right here !!! we have an allowance of 11000lb for household goods... about 9000 actual lb, so the diff, of 2000lb is free... i had to look into the duty regs for CA tho'... 99% sure i ll get away without any duty... if i don t it ll prolly be no more than a quarter per bottle...

Ahhh I see, one of my Dad's friends got a Porshe home like that back in the '60s. Bought it directly from the factory I think.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
SkaredShtles said:
Hey - I thought you was movin' to da Springs? :confused:
we were hoping to... unfortuantely there was nothing in the way of work... nor cal was second on the list... kinda sucks as housing prices are about double (springs VS grass valley)... oh well.. we ll sort something out...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
partsbara said:
we were hoping to... unfortuantely there was nothing in the way of work... nor cal was second on the list... kinda sucks as housing prices are about double (springs VS grass valley)... oh well.. we ll sort something out...
Grass Valley................... where be 'dat?

I knew you guys were loaded. Sort of like an Aussie BrianHCM. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So Parts, you going to be hittin Northstar this summer? I think I'll have to be drivin up to meet you there. We are going to party... oh lawd are we going to par-tay.

And where exactly in NorCal are you going to be?

If you ever find yourself heading south, you're welcome in my house anytime.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
SkaredShtles said:
Grass Valley................... where be 'dat?

I knew you guys were loaded. Sort of like an Aussie BrianHCM. :D
not loaded mate, minted... think trump rich ;)... seriously, we don t have kids and we spoil ourselves...

grass valley... between sacramento and tahoe... along that line... yuba city, marysville etc... we ll be at beale AFB...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Ciaran said:
So Parts, you going to be hittin Northstar this summer? I think I'll have to be drivin up to meet you there. We are going to party... oh lawd are we going to par-tay.

And where exactly in NorCal are you going to be?

If you ever find yourself heading south, you're welcome in my house anytime.
looks like somewhere in vicinity of grass valley... but i may still spend the year (april - april) living in / around tahoe in a small cabin somewhere... but the though of moving (again) is making me think one move - straight into a house...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Damn, I am sitting here at my desk drooling over that haul...and it's friggin' St. Patty's day no less!

I loves me some Kostrizer.

When is the big move happening? Or are you doing a recon mission or something?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jdschall said:
Do they ship it in giant casks and bottle it here? Glass is heavy.
i would doubt it. i would think they'd have one factory for filling, labelling and crating, rather than have localized ones at each far-flung market.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
OGRipper said:
Damn, I am sitting here at my desk drooling over that haul...and it's friggin' St. Patty's day no less!

I loves me some Kostrizer.

When is the big move happening? Or are you doing a recon mission or something?
no recon mate.... straight in... first week in april...

kostritzer is the shiat... where do you live OG ?? what part of nor cal ?? PM me if ya like...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
partsbara said:
i ll be there mit season ticket mate :)
Excellent! Opening day party at Part's place!!!!

I think I'll have to make it up there more than once this year. Mmmmm Nnnnnnooorrrthstarrrr..... :drool: Mmmmm doooooowwnnneeyyyvillllle... :drool:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
partsbara said:
and no, i m not looking for people to help drink them :)... except finn, he ll be on the piss as thanks for showing me the POW goods...

You know he's moving to boston before next winter right?

I however will still be here. And I don't mind drinking beer. And I've been in the area longer than he has. And I'm cuter. And my muscles are bigger. And I like drinking beer.

Get in touch son. We've been getting some good snow as of late. I haven't touched a bike in 3 weeks. (that never happens)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
kidwoo said:
You know he's moving to boston before next winter right?

I however will still be here. And I don't mind drinking beer. And I've been in the area longer than he has. And I'm cuter. And my muscles are bigger. And I like drinking beer.

Get in touch son. We've been getting some good snow as of late. I haven't touched a bike in 3 weeks. (that never happens)

wondered how long till you d show :)... please leave me out of your man sex fantasies, but i may have a brew for ya if ya let me have my way with your bunny bike...

so finn is headin out there for school ??

we ll rip some pow turns at the end of april fella...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
He just moved here 2+ years ago. As far as I know he's just moving back to return "home".

Unless it gets stupid warm, check out a spring pass at alpine meadows. Cheap full week pass and alpine is a GREAT place to ski corn.....or snow if it keeps coming that late. It has been known to happen.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
kidwoo said:
He just moved here 2+ years ago. As far as I know he's just moving back to return "home".

Unless it gets stupid warm, check out a spring pass at alpine meadows. Cheap full week pass and alpine is a GREAT place to ski corn.....or snow if it keeps coming that late. It has been known to happen.
right... yeah finn mentioned the pass... sounds good... so if i m lucky we ll find some decent boarding mid / end of april ?? when does everywhere close up for the winter ??

what town ya in woo ?? pm me if ya d rather...

20 questions partsbara

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Thank the lord you remembered to stock up. I'm sure I, I mean we, will be drinking much of that come July or August, eh?

Grass valley is a little closer to SF than I thought you were going to be. Cool. Have a good move.

And if Ciaran drinks any of that before I have a chance, he's going to find out that his mace has been worthless since about 1312 AD.

MD