Quantcast

Went skiing today

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
please explain telemarking to me. do you just hike to spots & ski?

forgive me. here in the dirty south, skiing is something you do behind a boat @ the lake.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Hey Tom did you hear about the new superlift to the top of Peak8 at Breck? No more hiking :( And from what my interpretation of what their site says, Imperial bowl will be GROOMED. :mad: I mean its nice they're sticking a lift up there, but the snow is gonna suck balls now that everybody who previously thought "Oh man, hiking, screw that" will be riding it. :mad:

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
COmtbiker12 said:
Hey Tom did you hear about the new superlift to the top of Peak8 at Breck? No more hiking :( And from what my interpretation of what their site says, Imperial bowl will be GROOMED. :mad: I mean its nice they're sticking a lift up there, but the snow is gonna suck balls now that everybody who previously thought "Oh man, hiking, screw that" will be riding it. :mad:
That sucks for all of us who like to hike for turns, but you have to remember that breck is a business. They have to do things that'll bring in more vacationing folks. Get a splitboard, take some avy class's and start heading out into the mountains to find your own lines.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
T0mo said:
That sucks for all of us who like to hike for turns, but you have to remember that breck is a business. They have to do things that'll bring in more vacationing folks. Get a splitboard, take some avy class's and start heading out into the mountains to find your own lines.
Yeah definitely. I understand why they want it, just disappointed they are. How much do most splitboards cost? I'd definitely be interested in that and then heading upw ith your crew or something like that.