Quantcast

Went to a Tool concert last night...

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
...in Oakland and holy crap they were amazing. The visuals were incredible, their whole stage was white and all sorts of images were projected on it, some of their music videos and some other random things, not to mention the lasers. The techies were dressed in white lab coats.

They started with Stinkfist, then The Pot, then went into a bunch of their songs from Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days, my only disapointment was them not playing Wings for Marie, I was looking forward to hearing that live. Maynard didn't do a whole lot of talking and stuck to his part of the stage back by the drummer. They finished with Lateralus and some absolutely amazing light effects that filled the whole Coliseum and paired up with the musics far-out/spiritual feel. After that song the roar of the applause lasted for probably 10 minutes with the Coliseum completely lit up with lighters... really quite beautiful. The band sat in the middle of the stage until the applause died down, and then they got up, said "wake the fvck up" and finally ended with Vicarious and Aenima.

It was one of the best concerts I've been to, definitely up there with The Mars Volta's performances. I could never describe it well enough in words, I think only the monkies who have been to one of their shows can understand.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My buddy Ian who's got an Enduro and a Banshee was at the show last night... Oakland, right?

He called me and proceeded to inform me that he was "saucy" but still wanted to ride this morning. He then proceeded to txt me at 3:34am... something about, "Tool rocked but I'm too tired so don't wake me..."

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
My buddy Ian who's got an Enduro and a Banshee was at the show last night... Oakland, right?

He called me and proceeded to inform me that he was "saucy" but still wanted to ride this morning. He then proceeded to txt me at 3:34am... something about, "Tool rocked but I'm too tired so don't wake me..."
Yeah, Oakland. Idk if I ran into him, but walking through the seats I heard my name and turned to see a bunch of guys who I did a few runs at Whistler with this year... talk about crazy odds.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think only the monkies who have been to one of their shows can understand.
I have, but I won't.

You're basking in the afterglow and I would rather not piss on your parade.

I'm trying to be kinder and gentler and sh!t in my old age.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Sounds AWESOME. I've got 10,000 days stuck in my CD player, and it's never coming out.

Hey, Black Noise, Dredg is playing the Leitmotiv CD at the Catalyst on Thursday night. Dredg has a lot in common with Tool, you might like them. I'm trying to get some slut to go to the show with me, wish me luck.