Quantcast

Went to a wedding and ended up downhilling

went to NYC because wifie forced me to go to her friend's wedding. of course i quickly escaped and went to see my folks in jersey. i made a quick detour to Diablo Freeride Park. :devil:

felt great to ride downhill again. being in chicago/midwest blows. boy, was i out of DH shape. after i got use to my rental sunday, i actually got a nice rhythm going on my favorite trails at diablo. it had been a 1 1/2 year hiatus, definitely not going as fast or jumping as far/high as i use to, but still a dirty grin on my face at the end of the day.

MEDIUM IH Sunday Team--Bone Stock, this bike rips!

I love this trail...i could ride this trail ALL DAY. so flowy, great berms, smooth tabletop, wallride. i'm in HEAVEN!

keep in mind, my camera is alittle rotated, those ramps are actually, level not upgoing like its pictured. yes i wimped out and only did the middle one.

Lower Breakout Trail -- very nice arm/leg workout when you hit those rock gardens at speed (that rider is NOT me, just some random dude)

no pics of me in action, primarily because i rode alone for most of the day. finished up around 2pm, hopped on a plane to chi-town at 6pm.
until next year!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
did you guys ride over those big rock in the trail?

now that looks like fun.

nice pics, thanks

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
great pics! i really wish i could get back to diablo sometime this season. i miss lower breakout i think i did around 20 runs down that trail one day, it's just so much fun.