Quantcast

Went to Diablo yesterday...

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
Went to Diablo Freeride Park yesterday and had a blast!! If you have not been, you gotta go! Also, I finally hit a real drop off!! I am pretty excited and cannot wait till Plattekill next weekend...

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
She was on a green IH SGS Pro with a blue jersey, I was on a red M1 with a silver and blue Fox jersey, trying to keep up. :thumb: :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Repack said:
She was on a green IH SGS Pro with a blue jersey, I was on a red M1 with a silver and blue Fox jersey, trying to keep up. :thumb: :thumb:
Sweet! I too was on a green IH SGS Pro...I think I may have even said "nice bike" to her when we were waiting for the lift. I was wearing red Azonic shorts on Saturday with a black jersey and lots o' protection. Sunday I was wearing my IPA purple & white jersey and grey axo pants. I was with a group of guys (4 of them) on Saturday and was joined by Ghettorigged and her friend on Sunday. I guess I have to ask people if they are from RM more often :thumb:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I remember you. Silver Boxxer? Or at least the bike was green and the fork was some other color?
Going to PKill this weekend? We are.

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Special K said:
Went to Diablo Freeride Park yesterday and had a blast!! If you have not been, you gotta go! Also, I finally hit a real drop off!! I am pretty excited and cannot wait till Plattekill next weekend...

congrats Kate! I went to Diablo on Monday and had a blast. Which drop did you do?

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Diablo is awesome - I was there a week ago. Got "back on the horse" with a nice drop out of the woods on Twist after having shied away from a whole lot of stuff in the past few months following a wheelie drop gone bad at 'Nam. REALLY hope to get back to Diablo one more time this season. That's where my avatar came from :dancing:

Probably going to give the next Tenney race a go in a couple of weeks. You'll know me as the incredibly slow gal making her way down the course :help:

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
I was at Diablo this weekend too for the first time. I ride a Kona Stinky with a Jr T (for now) and was wearing blue ripped Azonic shorts. Diablo was sooooo much fun. I went to Whistler at the beginning of August and had heard so much about it and was finally able to try it out this weekend. Its soooooooo sweet, like a smaller Whistler, but they are doing such a great job building the trails. The drops are definately good drops to learn on too since a lot of them are smaller which is really the level that I am at...just trying to learn the jumps and drops! Probably going to the Snowshoe race this weekend....ehhhh...always wet and muddy, and it looks like this weekend won't be much different.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
deee ahhh blow kicks boo tay? bummer i missed the saturday/sunday crew but i was at pkill tearing it up with (read: getting my arse handed to me by...) the jenna-lator, double-fisted dawn and swiftsarah, to name a few. some of us ventured over to diablo on monday and it was downright dreamy and packed with rippin' chicks! saw a few i've not yet met and a few i'd not seen since the us open. logged in several runs with grizgal and took the usual bulk of solos. d-f dawn could be seen run after run hanging tough with the diablo trailbuilders. i cleaned the double on upper dominion (!!) but still haven't attempted the doinky one at the bottom after the giant final berm (grrrrrr).

zilla, are you the person with the pink in your sneakers that i commented on?? and anyone know who the girl is with the short spikey-ish bleach blonde-ish hair? i've seen her there a few times.

treesaw, you weren't there on monday too, were you? btw, nice job on the pics from your weekend update thread.

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
No, I did not have any pink in my shoes. I had light blue vans on. On Sunday I was wearing a black shirt and on Monday I was wearing a purple and black Fox shirt. I also wear a really ugly green and black mad max helmet! I think the girl with the short spiky blond hair is named Charlie (at least thats what it said on her helmet) but Im not sure. She's pretty cool, she rides that Gemini.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
I remember seeing that Fox shirt, but I don't recall thinking your helmet was ugly. ;) If you spotted the chrome bike with pink stickers, that's me. er...I mean I was the one riding it. I hope you make it back up before the season ends. Good luck as the Snowshoe race.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Repack said:
I remember you. Silver Boxxer? Or at least the bike was green and the fork was some other color?
Going to PKill this weekend? We are.
Close...black boxxer but same set-up as Special K. I REALLY wish I had known that other RM people were there.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Zilla said:
No, I did not have any pink in my shoes. I had light blue vans on. On Sunday I was wearing a black shirt and on Monday I was wearing a purple and black Fox shirt. I also wear a really ugly green and black mad max helmet! I think the girl with the short spiky blond hair is named Charlie (at least thats what it said on her helmet) but Im not sure. She's pretty cool, she rides that Gemini.
I believe her name is Sue but I could be wrong....she does ride with Aaron Chase's crew and she's very nice. I had the pleasure of speaking with her (briefly as she left me in the dust ;) ) over the 4th of July weekend. She can really ride!