Quantcast

Were doomed ! (Music related )

splat

Nam I am
I was in a record store Yesterday . looking for a CD which of course they didn't have. But as I was thumbing through the discs, I over herd these 2 girls near me , I'd say they were 16 , 17 Years old .

and the one said to other other while Holding a Beatles Box Set , "See, I told you Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings "

what is this world coming too.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
were they living under a rock or something? ive known since kindergarten who all of the members of the beatles were, hell i remember watching some of those movies that they made. but then again my best friend at the time's dad was a musician.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
So a buddy was in best buy and asked about a song that was playing. It was Fiona Apple, doing a cover of "Across the Universe."

She then added "it was originally done by a band called the beatles" - as if he wouldn't know that the beatles were a band.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
gnurider1080 said:
were they living under a rock or something? ive known since kindergarten who all of the members of the beatles were, hell i remember watching some of those movies that they made. but then again my best friend at the time's dad was a musician.
Help! is a classic.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Not knowing about the Beatles is indeed weird, but not caring about them? Another story. Along with the Rolling Stones, they are the most overrated band in history, IMHO. Very influential, yes, but overrated.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I met a kid in college who hadn't ever even heard of them. He also wore all black and thought he could speak dragon....needless to say I avoided him at all costs.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Do you really expect kids that weren't alive when the Beatles were around to know about them? That's like saying, "damn kids these days don't know about good 'ol Frank Sinatra."

I don't think the Beatles want to be remembered as a relic anyways. They were revolutionary. They probably disregarded "classics" from their day to produce something new and exciting so why would they expect to be remembered if they actually gave a damn about music?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bicyclist said:
Do you really expect kids that weren't alive when the Beatles were around to know about them? That's like saying, "damn kids these days don't know about good 'ol Frank Sinatra."
Kids are expected to know about Mozart and Bach, and nobody alive today was alive when they were stil kicking.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Bicyclist said:

I don't think the Beatles want to be remembered as a relic anyways. They were revolutionary. They probably disregarded "classics" from their day to produce something new and exciting so why would they expect to be remembered if they actually gave a damn about music?
I dont know where that came from. I wasn't alive for the conception and most of the career of probably 99% of the bands I listen to. Also the beatles did covers etc of songs from old blues guys that you probably wouldn't even know were written by somebody else. Like matchbox, a cover of matchbox blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson.