Quantcast

We're joining a new gym!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We are leaving Bally's to join Powerhouse Gym. It's much nicer than Bally's, in just about every aspect. Much more of a hardcore gym, too. Powerhouse originally wanted $79 down, then $85 a month for the two of us, plus an extra $10 a month for spinning. MBC got them to drop the $79, and monthly dues for the two of us are $83, no extra charge for spinning. Plus, we get the remainder of 2001 at no charge. Sweeeet!

Lesson for anyone thinking of joining a gym: Membership costs are negotiable!

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Cool! Good for you for leaving Ballys..... I dont hear the best things about that place..:rolleyes: .. some gyms are all about sales.... for example where I work:rolleyes: :monkey:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Bally's trainers are nothing but used-car salesmen. They try to get you to sign up for those lifetime memberships, then they try to sell you overpriced, 2nd rate Bally's supplements. Pressure, pressure, pressure!! Powrhouse wasn't like that. It was more of a "Here is what we have, and here is what it costs" attitude. We got a better deal because MBC spoke to the owner.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Bally's trainers are nothing but used-car salesmen. They try to get you to sign up for those lifetime memberships, then they try to sell you overpriced, 2nd rate Bally's supplements. Pressure, pressure, pressure!! Powrhouse wasn't like that. It was more of a "Here is what we have, and here is what it costs" attitude. We got a better deal because MBC spoke to the owner.
Ha thats too funny because that is exactly what I am facing at one of the gyms I just started training at. They are all about sales..... sales on memberships, supplements and training. I got into training to help people not to be a freakin salesmen... (not that their is anything wrong with sales but its not my THANG!)
I am now looking at other opportunities cause its getting me down:(

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Speaking of sales I need some advice from any monkeys that have sales experience. The club that I really want to make my full time job is awesome but they do not do any advertising at all. Therefore I am fully responsible for finding all of my own clients and in a town with so many fit people and soooo many Personal Trainers this is proving to be a big challenge. What I need to know is if anyone has any good, inexpensive Marketing Strategies for me....:help: :confused: I'm desperate;)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Can you "get in" with any large corporations? Some of the gyms around here always try to solicit our employees with "corporate deals".