Quantcast

We're Looking for Writers

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Ridemonkey is looking for writers who would like an opportunity to write a blog (like a news/opinion column) on a mountain biking topic of their choice.

To qualify, you must be willing to write an entry at least once a week, have decent writing skills, and be an RM member.

Some blogs we'd LOVE to see might be:
  • Riding Tips
  • Part Reviews
  • Trail Reviews
  • Industry Insight
  • Race Reports

To find out more information, or request to be a writer, please PM Ridemonkey. Please include the topic you'd like to write about, and a quick sample of your writing.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
priceseliger14 said:
That sounds pretty cool. We just need to find some people willing to. How long do you want the columns to be.
I'm not looking for novels, it's more about quality than quantity. I expect some to be just a couple paragraphs, where others will be more in depth. As long as it's quality content I'm less concerned about how long the entry is. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
If you are short on writers, let me know. I'm not riding as much as I'd like to these days (probably once a week), and my season is coming to an end, so I probably won't be your best option. However, if you're stuck for people, let me know... I'm happy to write.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'll definitely do some trail reviews, god knows, I ride enough. :) I could probably do some beer reviews too because we have a few breweries up here in the PNW.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
sirknight6 said:
I certianly willing to do a mid atlantic trail review and urban. Lord knows I have plenty of resources.
His capitalization, grammer and spelling will be fun to look at every week!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
AR_ said:
I'l let you know how the weather is in the Uk every week..

Rain..
Sun..
Rain..
Rain..
Rain..

Should be fun :thumb:
We could have a little graphic of a person with bad teeth pointing at either a cloud (indicating cloudy conditions), a rain cloud (indicating rain) or a kidney pie (indicating that the UK sucks).

:rolleyes:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I talked to Aaron about this before...I have a ton of product reviews already written...if you really want to open a product review section let me know....D

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
What about creative non-fiction? I like to add stuff to real experiences to embelish (like the tourists that just happened to be there to ask directions to the Eiffel tower).

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
what its like to be a shop gopher blog? i can give people incite on what its like to be the low man on the totem pole at a bike shop.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I'd do some columns/posts on life and general observations with a spiritual slant to them (in my usual non confrontational, non preachy, non Bible thumping kind of way), if there is an interest in that sort of stuff on here.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I could write on the dharma of biking. How I somehow survive throwing my bike of a 60ft cliff without a scratch, but I end up with eleven stiches and am completely humbled by a small rock in the center trail.

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
How about an ongoing "novella" centered around the biking crowd in the thriving metropolis of Swain, NY. That should keep folks riveted!

Old_Dude

Monkey
what its like to be a shop gopher blog? i can give people incite on what its like to be the low man on the totem pole at a bike shop.
If written well, that could be a great read - I'd click it.

What about an Old_Dude blog? I really do have professional writing experience, plus, I probably encounter more real life, bizzare & pseudo-fake stuff than any other monkey - and I've got the std's to prove it.

Somehow, I doubt this is exactly what Aaron is looking for.

(sigh)