Quantcast

We're raising Pansies!

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
According to this article, some schools stay away from using red ink for grading papers because it's stressful to students.

I'm sorry, but if a kid can't deal with a bit of red ink, I have now idea how he/she is going to operate in the real world.......

The raising of the wusses

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Of all the things that can make a person see red, school principal Gail Karwoski was not expecting parents to get huffy about, well, seeing red.

At Daniels Farm Elementary School in Trumbull, Connecticut, Karwoski's teachers grade papers by giving examples of better answers for those students who make mistakes. But that approach meant the kids often found their work covered in red, the color that teachers long have used to grade work.

Parents objected. Red writing, they said, was "stressful." The principal said teachers were just giving constructive advice and the color of ink used to convey that message should not matter. But some parents could not let it go.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
All comes back to the wussification of america. They outlawed dodge ball, most schools do not have competitive sports in gym class. For some reason they think if the kid never loses he'll be better off in life. It's all bullshyt!
Kids need to learn failure, rejection and loss. If they don't they will be in for some harsh realities when they get out of school. Hell a kid who never experienced any of these things probably won't know how to handle them when it does happen.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
This is a good thing for my own future kids. Mine will be tough. No coddling here... and then when they are in the real world going up against all these sissie kids they will smack em down and run em over on their relentless drive to the top.

Red ink stresses the kid... sheesh! Maybe I'll try that one at my next performance review... "I'm sorry Ms. Manager lady... You cannot give me a bad review because it will cause stress." Yeah, I'm sure that'll fly.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I distinctly remember being a teenager, and hearing about how my generation wouldn't amount to much.........

the generation that's afraid of red pens will surely lose a war to France

"Surrender! We haff zee red peens! "

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MudGrrl said:
the generation that's afraid of red pens will surely lose a war to France

"Surrender! We haff zee red peens! "
Hahahaha....awesome!! That's got "signature" written all over it!!! :D