Quantcast

West Coast Monkey-Fest 2015 interest.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Guess I got my hand slapped a bit for posting in the East Coast post......

Still wanting to work on a West Coast Fest. Seems like Mammoth is the tentative, possible preferred location. I know JohnE has expressed interest in putting it together, and I have a few connections that may help. Any other interested parties? There's a brew-fest, as well as the Kamikaze Games, just in case anyone wants to get in the racing mode.

Another small thought can be said about the Downieville Classic. Just a small thought. May be too much racing and not enough getting craziness for us?

Let's put this together and have a drunken blast!!!!!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I would suggest a Bend trip for a lil Mckenzie River Trail action. Many local beers to be had. I say would because the likelihood of me making any trip is low.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
N* or mammoth....I could be down as long as it aint during the poker tournament.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
was at mammoth this weekend skiing. coverage sucked so you could see lots of the bike features. had me jonesin' for a trip with the bike after the mud season.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
was at mammoth this weekend skiing. coverage sucked so you could see lots of the bike features. had me jonesin' for a trip with the bike after the mud season.

Another thought is the Heavenly is planning/supposed to be opening to biking for the first time ever. Since that is right in South Lake/Stateline central, it only adds to the options.

Mammoth still leads my short list of locations......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Any further thoughts? If enough start to commit, I may be able to talk with some of the local resorts/hotels/etc here in Tahoe about group discounts. Also, if Tahoe, remember Harvey's hosts the outdoor concert series, so depending on when, there may be the chance to tailgate a show.

Mammoth was looking to be clear soon, and you all know how I LOVE Mammoth. I need to take one of you by Chair 14. Northstar is still a strong option, and I have a connection there, too.

Otherwise, we can always go to Virginia City, and go back in time........

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Drinking and partying all weekend at my friends bachelor party. We had rented a house on the beach on Fenwick Island next to Ocean Beach. Cool place and tons of fun.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Kalyx, BUFFALO, two monkeys whose handles I don't know, and I will be in Whistler (WHISSSSST GNAR!) this weekend! Impromptu Monkey Fest!