Quantcast

West Mountain, NY to reopen this weekend !!!!

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
And I thought you would be at your favorite resort, located in the heart of the Vernon Valley, in New Jersey.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
oh snap they postponed it already. I thought that was the closing weekend.:bonk:

I'll be sitting around in the dumps drinkin some blue.:cheers:

Mickey I was on that chair with ya, with was truly scary:eek:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I won't, good luck to management but we have moved on.

please don't disappoint your selfs with a season pass purchase, however it may be fun for a day to remember the day.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
no way! Man, it's been a while.. Going to have to add that to the list of mountains to visit this summer just for old times sake.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
no way! Man, it's been a while.. Going to have to add that to the list of mountains to visit this summer just for old times sake.
Yeah, but (as Voodoo intimated), it will most likely not last too long - given the past history of their previous "re-opening" (minus the assistance from Elevate Cycles). They were miserable bastards who wondered why no one was coming to the mtn. They did zero advertising (aside from a tri fold pamphlet) and then assumed that the world owed them a living. When the world did not reciprocate, they shut it down in mid July and gave all the season pass holders a free ticket to the tubing park as a swell consolation prize...:disgust:

younger22

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate NY
I just sent my shock to Push and changed the oil in my fork. They better stay open or else!! When West closes, it's when I retire from downhilling and start trail riding. Maybe it's the push I need,haha!?!?

ride4fun

Monkey
May 23, 2008
Long Island
$50 for a lift ticket???? are they nuts?? I have never heard or seen any of the trails - how are they compared to platty??

Last edited:

younger22

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate NY
from ragdoll on elevatecycles:

All day = $28

1/2 day after 2pm = $20

1 lift w/ bike = $7

Trail access w/ no lift = $7

They will be opened weekends 10-5 and Holidays 10-5(Yes, George they will be open on Memorial day!)

younger22

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate NY
Another great weekend at West. If you have never been there, or have been there before, come check it out. The trail crew is anxious to hear what the riders want and are willing to make it happen. Just two weeks ago, some local riders pointed out a few spots that needed some love and by this past weekend it was done! In one spot, a 40 foot bridge was constructed to make the trail flow so much better. It was good to see that the crew they have is pumped to create new things. We were even coming across some old gems of when they were first opened. If you haven't been to West, the trails are real burly. Rocky and rooty. Want to test your crazy steep skills? Check out trails like "Liability and "Insane." In these trails you will find off-camber rock slabs, roots and rock gardens. You will definitely feel like you are mountain biking! If you want to hone your rock garden skills, West is definitely the place to go. The bar/grille opens at noon, so if you want lunch, head over to the newly renovated bar/grille. After riding, the bar/grille has a happy hour special with 2 for one drafts with a lot of different choices! So come check it out!
rock2.JPG

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Last time I was at West was back in '95 for the $10 dollar Wed night skiing special! My DH bike at the time was a full rigid Kona Kileiua with a straight blade Joe Murray Project fork, canteliever brakes and Suntour thumb shifters. Kill me now.

Honestly, is it really worth a trip to West for a day of DH'ing?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I would say yes*

*= if you go with someone in the know. A lot of trails need some revamping and about 25% dead end. There are a ton of trails and pretty good signage, but you def. need someone to help you make the connections.