Quantcast

Westboro "church" strikes(?) again

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They are going to protest at Twitter

“the people who run Twitter … don’t use their position & voice to warn a generation of rebels of the consequences of their rebellion.”
it’s picketing the HQ because the bigwigs at the company aren’t using their places of power and influence to spread the word about the sins Westboro believes people commit and their expected consequences.
http://mashable.com/2010/01/27/westboro-twitter/

Man, I wish Project Chanology would add another target.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sanjuro and Joker, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make sure hilarity ensues. Get down there and get busy.

*edit. Oh yea, and take the mooshoo with you so we can all read about him getting his ass kicked again. :rofl:

Last edited:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
This is all one block away from me. I'm torn between not feeding the trolls and following them to a darkly lit bus stop where I beat them with a pillowcase full of doorknobs.

I didn't realize their business model: apply for permits which entitles them to police protection, bring videographer, incite violence, sue attackers for assault and city for failure to protect. I don't even have the words...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
This is all one block away from me. I'm torn between not feeding the trolls and following them to a darkly lit bus stop where I beat them with a pillowcase full of doorknobs.

I didn't realize their business model: apply for permits which entitles them to police protection, bring videographer, incite violence, sue attackers for assault and city for failure to protect. I don't even have the words...
I vote for this option.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
How do you beat trolls? By beating them at their own game. Out troll them.
I don't think you can out-troll them though. They have already sunk to the bottom of the barrel, IMO. Plus anything you say to them just steels their resolve more and makes them think "I'm being presecuted, I must be doing something right."

While I'm sure most of you would say Christians = irrational, these nut cases are beyond even the most whacked out flakey Christian that you'd ever want to meet. Their "church" is comprised almost entirely of Phelp's family members. Lots of inbreeding, I suspect.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sanjuro and Joker, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make sure hilarity ensues. Get down there and get busy.

*edit. Oh yea, and take the mooshoo with you so we can all read about him getting his ass kicked again. :rofl:
What if I agree with Fred Phelps and Westboro?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't think you can out-troll them though. They have already sunk to the bottom of the barrel, IMO. Plus anything you say to them just steels their resolve more and makes them think "I'm being presecuted, I must be doing something right."

While I'm sure most of you would say Christians = irrational, these nut cases are beyond even the most whacked out flakey Christian that you'd ever want to meet. Their "church" is comprised almost entirely of Phelp's family members. Lots of inbreeding, I suspect.
They cat definitely be out trolled. As far as I can tell, its one of two scenarios:

1) It's not a troll, they actually believe what they're saying.

2) This is actually a troll, but they are so committed to their specific views in regards to the troll that it may as well be scenario #1.

Either way, you troll them back. Troll them until they ultimately snap and break the law.

edit: what I'm trying to say, is that in either scenario, they have rules and boundaries as dictated by the agenda they are pushing/trolling. To out troll them, it must be done so without rules or boundaries.

Last edited:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
1) It's not a troll, they actually believe what they're saying.
This is where they are coming from. Any action you take against them will only encourage them to go further with their protests. Their mindset is such that they will not stop and consider why people hate them so much. The only thing I feel that is effective is to ignore them. Stop giving them press.

I saw them downtown KC a while back and wanted to get out of the car and smack them around a bit. But that is exactly what they want you to do. Sigh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is where they are coming from. Any action you take against them will only encourage them to go further with their protests. Their mindset is such that they will not stop and consider why people hate them so much. The only thing I feel that is effective is to ignore them. Stop giving them press.

I saw them downtown KC a while back and wanted to get out of the car and smack them around a bit. But that is exactly what they want you to do. Sigh.
When trolling them, you have to do something that will enfuriate them. It's not about attention, its about wasting their time and resources. Show up and protest with a sign that says "Satan hates f@gs too! Satan + God = Teamwork"

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This is like complaining about a Craigslist Rant n' Rave.

They are a tiny church who is just trolling for attention.

I wouldn't care if a weirdo carrying a sign was marching down my street.

Last weekend, there was a big pro-life rally on Embarcadero. I thought that was notable, and worthy of counter protests.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Show up with the cast of Jersey Shore across the street from them. Open lawn chair, pop open beer, enjoy!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is like complaining about a Craigslist Rant n' Rave.

They are a tiny church who is just trolling for attention.

I wouldn't care if a weirdo carrying a sign was marching down my street.

Last weekend, there was a big pro-life rally on Embarcadero. I thought that was notable, and worthy of counter protests.
personally, i find idiots to be an endless source of fun

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
+rep for Stanford and Lowell High Schools!!!

I think its a tie for the win: "I have a sign" and "B*tch" with a sandwich picture.

The Rick Roll signs are pretty sweet too, I wish they would've Fresh Prince'd them as well.