Quantcast

Western Slope Weekend

anthonysloan

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
That first snow we got sent me packing westward. 3 trails, two days, not a bad stab. Loveland had lifts running when we drove by, but it is prime time for GJ, Fruita, Moab and...other places. We must not be distracted by early season avalanche makers.

First up, the New Holy Cross trail out at Tabby, aka Lunch Loops, v.i.z. nice techy riding.

Big wheels keep on rolling..

That there guy was our host. Chef, gentleman, philosopher. Friend to small woodland creatures, responsible rebel and all around good egg.

Big y small. We passed a guy on a turqiouse 575 and a bystabder said something to the effect of "look at these guys, they must be employees." Nope, they are just nice bikes.

After a hearty helping of lunch loops nourishment, we decided it would be civilized and prudent to whip up a quick dessert of Ribbon Shuttle.

Motto: "Mind yonder ledge, live to cook another day."

Chaz just above "Don't stuff your wheel into that gap"

Fade out, Pablo's Pizza. Red Truck, Farmer's Friend.

Fade up to:

An Absa-gosh-darned-lutely perfect day out at the Koko loops.

Somewhere in there we met up with a bevy of winsome women that were riding Koko all the way to Moab. "Come with us!" ...sigh.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Dammit, dammit, dammit!! We were there on Friday. Had to leave due to sick kids. We were gonna do that Ribbon Shuttle. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Oh - Holy Cross kicks huge amounts of ass! :thumb:

Sucks for you!

*edit*
Excellent photos!

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Kewl pix!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......just wondering N8...........remember last summer that I had no problems breathing in CO Springs when we were visiting with Paul but was having major difficulties in Alb just the previous day? Maybe it was a sign?

Seriously............does anyone know if CO has better air than NM for asthmatics?

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Just wondering.........

I have found that I have trouble breathing just riding the easy trails in Alb, NM but had no problems at all in CO Springs and was able to ride on much more technical terrain...............N8 says I will get used to it if we move there but I wonder if that would be the case?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MizN8 said:
Just wondering.........

I have found that I have trouble breathing just riding the easy trails in Alb, NM but had no problems at all in CO Springs and was able to ride on much more technical terrain...............N8 says I will get used to it if we move there but I wonder if that would be the case?
You guys better move to Taos so I have a place to crash when I come down to go skiing........ :think:

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
I agree........Taos is awesome........and there is a river to go kayaking in!

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Maybe if my hubby would take me to Denver to go biking I can figure out for myself if it's easier for me to breathe there..............hint hint!

D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I found out Fri nite that one of my friends has access to the Poma Ranch in Pagosa Springs, CO. His wife's family owns the ranch.

It looks like a great spot for biking, trout fishing and elk hunting.