Quantcast

Western Washington University

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
does anyone live around this area, was wondering what the scene was like for riding and such.
thanks
Steve

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Bellingham kicks ass. I don't live there, but visit family up there every year or so. I've been planning a riding trip up there and done a few of the shorter, local rides in the past. It's wet up there, but you have a good amount of singletrack and some pretty cool built up stuff. Not sure if there is a dirt jump scene, but Kona has it's HQ locally and there are a few decent bike shops. I know I always see the big bikes out when I'm up there and I've seen some cool stuff built up in yards on the sides of roads. Not sure how the road riding is, but XC and DH and freeride seem to be doing well. Plus it is close to Canadia.

People are friendly and it is an amazing little city. I'm looking at moving up there after college. Cold winters, but the summers and springs are AMAZING!

The school has a mountain bike team as well. I think some of them are on this board.

The Ito

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
DHS said:
does anyone live around this area, was wondering what the scene was like for riding and such.
thanks
Steve
I'll let the question slide since you are from the east coast... Bellingham is probably the best possible place in the PNW to be specifically for mountain biking. South to the exits and Seattle urban, the backyard for DJs and Galbraith, an hour and a half from the North Shore, three and a half from Whistler.