Quantcast

Westside Hwy (NYC) , pics

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I went for a nice stroll along the Westside Hwy today. They have made some great improvements. They have added parks and rest areas all over. plus its all pretty much car free. I took along a camera s so I guess i will share my pics. Sorry for the link.. I couldnt figure out how to put so many pics in the thread. if anyone knows please advise for next time :)

Westside Hwy Pics!!!!!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Shudder!

Ya know the ramp from the GWB onto the West Side Highway? In '93 I was coming back to Brooklyn from a motorcycle rally in upstate NY. As I accelerated onto the highway two cars in the left lane collided and slid out of control. One of them slid to a stop directly in my path at about 60mph. I had about 30' between me and the car which as I'm sure you can guess is not enough. I got on the binders as hard as possible, standing the bike on its front tire. I hit the cars fender and catapaulted over its hood and landed in the highway. Separated my shoulder, broke both thumbs and shattered my patella.

I f'n hate NY for that and a bunch of other reasons.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
TN said:
sweet ride. i want to go to NYC bad. did you do the 5 boroughs tour?
Nope, i usually do it every year..actually for the past 9 years. But his year i had a wedding to go to saturday night. . The bride had a tour bus bringing about 50 of her friends from her house to the reception. In order to get on the bus you had to do a shot of something. Once I was on there were 3 coolers filled with beer and alcohol for the 45 minute trip there. That , combined with several too many kettle ones made me realize id never make it to the 5 boro bike tour :blah:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The picture stated "MORE TRAFFIC" thats the Jacob Javits Center in the Background.