Quantcast

### Wet Monderp ###

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Got in a good loop with my older brother yesterday morning. Feels like I'm getting my legs back into East Coast mode. The disadvantages of the hardtail are glaringly obvious however while trying to keep up with someone.

Otherwise, I dug up and transplanted two Japanese maple saplings to my parents house. Wrong time of the year to do it, and they were a bear to get a good root ball out, but it was nigh impossible to extract them cleanly from the jungle at my in-laws.

Yo!

Got in a good loop with my older brother yesterday morning. Feels like I'm getting my legs back into East Coast mode. The disadvantages of the hardtail are glaringly obvious however while trying to keep up with someone.

Otherwise, I dug up and transplanted two Japanese maple saplings to my parents house. Wrong time of the year to do it, and they were a bear to get a good root ball out, but it was nigh impossible to extract them cleanly from the jungle at my in-laws.
We have clay soils up here and I have learned only to transplant in fall when trees are dormant.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We have clay soils up here and I have learned only to transplant in fall when trees are dormant.
That's certainly best practice, and I may end up doing it again later this fall if they don't survive the transplant.

In-laws have about 15 trees between 2' and 6' in an area thats perhaps 10' x 15'. Not intentionally mind you, but they are growing all wonky underneath the canopy and in such close proximity to one another. I was hoping to get a few out before they get even bigger and more crowded.

Their yard is a mess and way overgrown with vegetation. It's been neglected and left to grow unchecked for too long, and I'm just doing what I can to try and clear some out.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Knee doctor said knee is fine and unless it hurts after the swelling goes away there is no need for an MRI so maybe soon some bike time. This time without making my elbows and knees look like Freddy Kruger's face.

Also booking.com finally gave me back my money for Lousa WC.

Now I need to find a way to get a car from Germany to Poland

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
fantastic weekend, again.

Managed 20mi on the roaddogg on Saturday, and a few laps on the MTB on Sunday. I suck at setting up drivetrains apparently, but having a 42t cog was a nice boon over my 44, and somebody built a double in the middle of the little downhill loop, above the booter down the hill. rad.

I've been brewing kombucha for a few weeks, which had been going OK but my stuff is never that fizzy...so I'm letting it go a few extra days in the bottle to see if that helps. I'm also brewing some boozy booch, with a secondary fermentation of champagne yeast and then a tertiary in-bottle aging. So hopefully I can get drunk while I fix my digestive system too.

Lastly, all my trees seem to be green and budding out, so that's dope. Might be 10 years before they block the trucks, but hopefully it'll be that long before we move.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Pork shoulders on the smoker last night finished much earlier than I was expecting. Wrapped and in the cooler now to rest. Threw on some sausages I had in the fridge, probably put some chicken on too. Homebrew day as well. Hoping to get in a ride, but the pork shoulders finishing so early may have skewed my plans.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
cleaned and organized the garage yesterday about 80-90% done, just need to ditch some stored shit and build another shelving unit and figure out additional ski storage. I'd like to insulate and rough finish the space before next winter.

bacon and egg sandwich coming right up, work, perhaps a spin later.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Pushed our 2020 MTB Parks passes to 2021. :(

Unsure we'll be able to use them effectively this summer and if things do somehow ease up they'll allow you to pull them back to 2020.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pushed our 2020 MTB Parks passes to 2021. :(

Unsure we'll be able to use them effectively this summer and if things do somehow ease up they'll allow you to pull them back to 2020.
closest bike park to me delayed their opening 3 weeks and when it does open will be season passholders only. half tempted to get a season pass (they extended early bird price discount) but unsure if worth the risk.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, lovelies! My five mile jog this morning included on fall on the asphalt because I am a clumsy asshole. I tripped on a bump and went ass over teakettle. No apparent damage done but it is jarring to land on asphalt. Bike ride later!!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Does the owner know about this? ;)
I will not be following the Polish tradition and the owner is my stepfather, the most annoying German that ever existed. A man so annoying he was the only person DDR didn't even try to stop from leaving. They were like "ffs we've sent you to jail for being a stubborn contrarian and you still can't learn. GTFO"

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Breakfast. Opened the work email to a GrubHub giftcard from my old boss. Sent me down a rabbit hole to make sure it wasn't a phishing expedition, because it wasn't actually from her, just addressed as such.
I can hear Hannah yelling upstairs and I know Wifey is trying to sleep. I don't want her, so I'll deal with consequences later.

Otherwise, contractor is coming by today to go through the parts of the project he's doing - masonry, electrical, and drywall. I'm going to try and get the a/v routed tonight.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I will not be following the Polish tradition and the owner is my stepfather, the most annoying German that ever existed. A man so annoying he was the only person DDR didn't even try to stop from leaving. They were like "ffs we've sent you to jail for being a stubborn contrarian and you still can't learn. GTFO"
Sounds like a cool dude to me if he not even let jail stop him from being a contrarian. :thumb:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Sounds like a cool dude to me if he not even let jail stop him from being a contrarian. :thumb:
If you call cool dudes people who hate rules so much they think Berlin is as bad as Somalia and he only doesn't wear seatbelts in countries that enforce seatbelt wear. Hell he was even jailed in Poland for being a contrarian to traffic cops (speeding so can't really claim it's up to interpretation). Hell now together with my mom and 12 year old sister they rent a 11 room house. For 3 people!!! It's not a luxurious house, just a big one. He liked the view even if the sister is going crazy because it's in the middle of nowhere in North-East Bavaria and she basically has no friends. I'm glad my mom is happy but Jesus he's basically a devil child of Brian Lopes Parking and Tony Ellsworths customer service. Then again he comes from a family of religious crazies (hardcore 7th day adventists) so yeah it's not surprising.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Otherwise, contractor is coming by today to go through the parts of the project he's doing - masonry, electrical, and drywall. I'm going to try and get the a/v routed tonight.
hey, if you end up liking this contractor, pass along his contact info. I'm tearing apart the 1st floor this year virus or not.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hey, if you end up liking this contractor, pass along his contact info. I'm tearing apart the 1st floor this year virus or not.
Will do. I like him so far - he's pretty transparent about stuff and he was well recommended by one of the parents down the street. And Piet doesn't deal with bullshit work, so he wouldn't be handing out recommendations accordingly.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If you call cool dudes people who hate rules so much they think Berlin is as bad as Somalia and he only doesn't wear seatbelts in countries that enforce seatbelt wear. Hell he was even jailed in Poland for being a contrarian to traffic cops (speeding so can't really claim it's up to interpretation). Hell now together with my mom and 12 year old sister they rent a 11 room house. For 3 people!!! It's not a luxurious house, just a big one. He liked the view even if the sister is going crazy because it's in the middle of nowhere in North-East Bavaria and she basically has no friends. I'm glad my mom is happy but Jesus he's basically a devil child of Brian Lopes Parking and Tony Ellsworths customer service. Then again he comes from a family of religious crazies (hardcore 7th day adventists) so yeah it's not surprising.
OK, that makes him sound more like a nutjob. I will retract my previous statement, but glad your mom is happy!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkeys. We are getting 2 days of thunderstorms with .5 to 1" expected so I am taking 3 days off from building base miles. Starting yesterday... I managed 85 miles last week, all but 7 on the road. Up to 235.7 with a goal of 400 for the month. My endurance is fine to about 3.5 hours of steady pedaling with no recovery required. Not horrible for FMOB.

I am going focus on spin for June. I have been riding the hardtail so far and will switch to the road bike. It has a 52/42 and I have a tendency to push higher gears than I should. Will order a Garmin cadence monitor today.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Morning monkeys. We are getting 2 days of thunderstorms with .5 to 1" expected so I am taking 3 days off from building base miles.
FYI, we shuttled the 4 mile rail to trail downhill on Saturday at Thompson Park (Pipestone Pass) with the family and then played 13?/18 holes of Frisbee Golf at the bottom.

It was hopping. We probably saw 20+ family bikers (mostly BZN plates) and a handful of enduro bros.

Unfortunately Homestake Pass conditions will continue to be fucked up and bullshit this week:
1589825648088.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
So it appears someone stole the check I sent to the town for excise tax and cashed it. Which made me think things were all paid up and peachy. But now I owe them the excise tax, plus penalty, plus interest. What a crock of shit.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I got to see my first homie since all this shit began. Buying to plants from him for the garden. Was nice to hang for a minute even if it was just to grab a couple of pots. At this point I see why its hard not to socialize, I don't even like people even my freinds & it was nice to see someone other than the girls.
happy 70º & sunny day yall

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
FYI, we shuttled the 4 mile rail to trail downhill on Saturday at Thompson Park (Pipestone Pass) with the family and then played 13?/18 holes of Frisbee Golf at the bottom.

It was hopping. We probably saw 20+ family bikers (mostly BZN plates) and a handful of enduro bros.

Unfortunately Homestake Pass conditions will continue to be fucked up and bullshit this week:
View attachment 145264
Monday the 25th looks to be the best bet for Homestake. I might solo up Sunday to see where the snow is.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holiday, so day off today.

Had an incident last night. Got up around 3am and felt disastrously dehydrated, so drank some water. Apparently I chugged too much, judging by how i puked it up ten minutes later.

Biking today turned out perfect. It rained all morning and on the drive to the trails. Stopped raining when we parked and during the ride. Started raining again as soon as we got back in the car.

Now for foodz.

And back to work tomorrow :(

Holiday, so day off today.

Had an incident last night. Got up around 3am and felt disastrously dehydrated, so drank some water. Apparently I chugged too much, judging by how i puked it up ten minutes later.

Biking today turned out perfect. It rained all morning and on the drive to the trails. Stopped raining when we parked and during the ride. Started raining again as soon as we got back in the car.

Now for foodz.

And back to work tomorrow :(
WTF does "felt disastrously dehydrated" mean?