Quantcast

### Wet Monderp ###

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So it appears someone stole the check I sent to the town for excise tax and cashed it. Which made me think things were all paid up and peachy. But now I owe them the excise tax, plus penalty, plus interest. What a crock of shit.
That sucks. Cheques are like fax machines, why do they even still exist?

I'm also a noob and have never had a cheque book, so possibly a silly question. But how does one cash a cheque that isn't written out to them? Shady cash loan place?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I'm also a noob and have never had a cheque book, so possibly a silly question. But how does one cash a cheque that isn't written out to them? Shady cash loan place?
They exist so old people can hold up everyone in the grocery store line. Of course the town only accepts checks by mail or cash in-person, which is pretty inconvenient.

Otherwise, I have literally no idea. Image my bank has of the check didn't show it endorsed on the back either. Some fuckery hath ensued, and I'm literally paying the price.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
They exist so old people can hold up everyone in the grocery store line. Of course the town only accepts checks by mail or cash in-person, which is pretty inconvenient.

Otherwise, I have literally no idea. Image my bank has of the check didn't show it endorsed on the back either. Some fuckery hath ensued, and I'm literally paying the price.
So... you should check with your bank - they should have an image of both front & back of that cashed check. You need to at least follow up so they can look into the fraud that's going on. You can't be the only victim of this horseshit.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, looks like the weather north of Utah is fuxxored for this coming weekend, we will probably go back to Vernal.
because Fruita and GJ will be an absolute shit-show, I am guessing.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ouch, was going to head out and just get a few easy laps with a friend, as I'm pretty tired from days of riding before. I guess I was trying to ride too hard for my energy level, crashed pretty bad. First time only a scrapped arm. Second time, slammed my head into the hill and did something to my hips. Really glad I had a helmet on, as this was one of those "probably would have ended differently" without one. Ibuprofen seems to be helping with the hips and upper legs.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Fyi, i am stoked that checks exist because credit cards and paypal take 3ish % of every sale I make. Venmo (paypal) is free for now, but they daytrade / hold your money for a few days befote transfers. Zelle is just corporate bankers pulling one over on millennials.

For b2b check only.

For b2consumer cash or check are way better for small businesses!

Oh, yeah: monday?!?!, rain, moka, yard work, no push ups, chicken on cold soba, someone elses wine, bike with dog mañana.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
got home from work and got one of my home improvement projects mostly done. Sunday I used a table saw to trim the wood framed screen door to fit the door jam. Today I routed the recesses for the hinges on the door and door jam and hung it then added an inside trim strip for the the weather stripping. It also has a spring loaded self closing hinge. All that is left is paint and weather str
IMG_20200518_173018659~2.jpg
ippi
IMG_20200518_193509859.jpg
IMG_20200518_193610348.jpg
ng

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Credit card companies will take any check you mail them. Doesn't have to be made out to you or endorsed. So yes, shady indeed.