Quantcast

***Mehnday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I woke up with Prince's "Raspberry Beret" in my head, and then when I got in the car, CPR was playing James Brown's "It's too funky in here". I don't know what it means, but it seems like an excellent sign.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
this shit keeps up I'm going to build me an Ark. 7 day forcast is for 7 days of rain. A whole bunch of my friends near the Cosumnes river have been evacuated likewise and bunch in Santa Cruz County. Me? I'm above the 1000 year floodplain on high ground but still . Not looking forward to driving folks to Dialysis in this shit. but off into the dark I go. Be back in a few hours

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

I woke up with Prince's "Raspberry Beret" in my head, and then when I got in the car, CPR was playing James Brown's "It's too funky in here". I don't know what it means, but it seems like an excellent sign.
Dude...
FireShot Capture 327 - local time denver - Google Search - www.google.com.png

It's past noon here and I'm barely awake.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran the Disney Marathon in 3:32 yesterday. Pretty good run to finish off the four day challenge. I was tired pretty much the entire race but managed to hold it somewhat together without totally falling apart. I finished in 175th place out of 16,000 runners. Slept 11.5 hours last night.

324732282_960507644932458_2939572403125858299_n.jpg

2023-01-08 - runDisney Walt Disney World - runDisney Finish Line (2).jpeg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Didn't run no marathon, not really battling imposter syndrome, and I had no pie.

Woke up at 507 to do a workout, noped the front out and went back to bed to score an 88 on the old fitbit and feel amazingly refreshed today. Wife is trying to register the kids for summer camp and it's going remarkably well- that is to say she can't connect to the servers and may jump off a bridge.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Lots of police out on the roads today! Including one white box truck, pulled over on the freeway by two cruisers. Wonder what they did?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Happy and not awake about it.

Got pretty far on the drywall mudding project, managed to get a second layer on all the joints and corners plus texture on the ceiling and 2-1/2 walls. Decided I'm close enough to being done that I'll just take an hour this morning and finish it up. Then primer! Then paint! Then finish the electrical! Then trim and flooring! And then I can move in!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
kids are back at school :happydance: the peace and quiet are so loud my ears are ringing!

spotted my first electric delivery vehicle in the wild today:
1673277503659.png

the guys working in it said today was its maiden voyage... said it was strange and took some time to get used to... not sure what that means. but it was pretty dang quiet which was cool. I'm no expert, but the batteries seem awfully exposed to the elements there:
1673277670117.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I got an update on the skateboards in Nebraska. So after talking to the elders, they took a bunch of them to the two reservation high schools and met with the guidance counselors there. They now have incentive programs for kids to up their grades and to help in the community (shovel walkways, fetch groceries). They said there has been an immediate return with kids turning in homework and helping out the old folks. It's so awesome, it's been a huge win/win.

They got hammered with snow, so it sounds like there was a lot to shovel. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
kids are back at school :happydance: the peace and quiet are so loud my ears are ringing!

spotted my first electric delivery vehicle in the wild today:
View attachment 187494
the guys working in it said today was its maiden voyage... said it was strange and took some time to get used to... not sure what that means. but it was pretty dang quiet which was cool. I'm no expert, but the batteries seem awfully exposed to the elements there:
View attachment 187495
I'm sure they're fine if they've been sealed and whatnot correctly. Whats the worst that could happen? :brows:

I know it'd take a lot of work and they aren't something you can exactly just lift and move, but I'd be more worried about theft. When will battery thefts become a thing? I can only imagine how many $$$ those are worth.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I got an update on the skateboards in Nebraska. So after talking to the elders, they took a bunch of them to the two reservation high schools and met with the guidance counselors there. They now have incentive programs for kids to up their grades and to help in the community (shovel walkways, fetch groceries). They said there has been an immediate return with kids turning in homework and helping out the old folks. It's so awesome, it's been a huge win/win.
that is awesome.,

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Spent all day yesterday in an avalanche rescue class. Saved about half a dozen 'bodies'. Cant stand up too good today. Office work indeed.
my back and legs said fuck im sore in unison just reading that....

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

getting my post-lasik eyes checked out in a bit. Then errands (sundry returns) and finally WFH 1-4:45 pm or so