Quantcast

*** wet nest day ***

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
But this is my grandchild! My kids are 36/26/21, but I stopped caring about them once they hit 18. This is a new level.
I hit 50 last year and I was never expected to make it past 36. So I've been winging it for a while now. :rofl:

<edit> I would say I don't feel 50, but my back feels 72, so there is that.
As a late breeder when we had our two [I was 36 and 41] I second guess our "wait until you're financially stable to have kids" approach...

Oh well, I guess I'll try a different strategy next reincarnation ;)

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
From a wife of 24 years, mom & pet caregiver too! Though I would want a weekend of riding that included a spa day!
That's because you, @TreeSaw, strike me as a reasonable woman.

My wife, on the other hand is 80% emotion/20% reason. And of that emotion, 50% of that is anger. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, in her mind, there is no problem rage can't solve.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
As a late breeder when we had our two [I was 36 and 41] I second guess our "wait until you're financially stable to have kids" approach...

I had my first two when I was 30 and 32, and we were just barely financially stable. My third is on the way, I'm 41, and we're pretty well off financially. Having the third at 34 would have been much wiser.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My parents had me when they were about 40, they were not financially stable. I will be the oldest living person person in my family before I am 50.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
That's because you, @TreeSaw, strike me as a reasonable woman.

My wife, on the other hand is 80% emotion/20% reason. And of that emotion, 50% of that is anger. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, in her mind, there is no problem rage can't solve.
I try to be but you may want to question that reason when following me on a mountain bike.
Start sucking up to her now so you can join us next time!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

My oldest is technically my step son, but I'm the one who raised him and I'm who he considers "dad". I bought him his first bike at 13 and never looked back.

My youngest was "planned" as a last ditch effort before I hit 30 because I didn't want kids in school while I'm trying to relax. I have friends who have just had kids in the last couple years. Fuck that.

We have him Tuesday to Thursday pretty much all summer and enjoy/spoil the shit out of him properly. We also get him for odd events, we attend baseball/basketball games, it's pretty awesome.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Submitted without comment.

"white people"

Last night I caused a severe mental breakdown of some white lady donkey packing a big loop trail here. I spooked her donkeys (yes donkeys) when I rode up on a road (what roads are for) and her donkeys (yes, those) stepped outside of their makeshift kitestring 'corral' that the crazy white lady was setting up for them for the evening. Her partner thanked me for stopping but she was screaming bloody murder because her donkeys (I'm not kidding, donkeys) walked about 20 ft in the other direction when I rode up. Not running, not taking off. Just breaching the kitestring fortress. Blood curdling shrieking.

So anyway white people are fucking weird, come up with weird shit to do because wacky/wild/zany and I really think more of them use some real problems in life because they have too much free time to do pointless shit just for attention from other white people.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
"white people"

Last night I caused a severe mental breakdown of some white lady donkey packing a big loop trail here. I spooked her donkeys (yes donkeys) when I rode up on a road (what roads are for) and her donkeys (yes, those) stepped outside of their makeshift kitestring 'corral' that the crazy white lady was setting up for them for the evening. Her partner thanked me for stopping but she was screaming bloody murder because her donkeys (I'm not kidding, donkeys) walked about 20 ft in the other direction when I rode up. Not running, not taking off. Just breaching the kitestring fortress. Blood curdling shrieking.

So anyway white people are fucking weird, come up with weird shit to do because wacky/wild/zany and I really think more of them use some real problems in life because they have too much free time to do pointless shit just for attention from other white people.
Are you sure we’re riding on the road and not traveling on it ? There seems to be some difference in the two. The donkeys were obviously communicating telepathically with Karen (assuming that is her name) to alert her of a non sovereign entity approaching. You’re lucky to be alive my friend. Watch your back out there.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
"white people"

I picture her wearing full renaissance fair serf/peasant garb during all of this.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"white people"

I rode up on a lady the other weekend. I saw her with plenty of time to come to a complete stop with hub buzzing and brakes squealing about 20 yards away from her. When I said hello and she looked over her shoulder and saw me on a bike she literally dove off the trail. She started flipping out and screaming at me that I was going to run her over and was sneaking up on her, while I was standing there motionless, 20 yards away. That is pretty standard operating procedure around here.

"I am afraid of everything in the woods and assume everything out here wants to kill me but I am not going to pay enough attention to notice anything around me until they are close enough to slit my throat"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I rode up on a lady the other weekend. I saw her with plenty of time to come to a complete stop with hub buzzing and brakes squealing about 20 yards away from her. When I said hello and she looked over her shoulder and saw me on a bike she literally dove off the trail. She started flipping out and screaming at me that I was going to run her over and was sneaking up on her, while I was standing there motionless, 20 yards away. That is pretty standard operating procedure around here.

"I am afraid of everything in the woods and assume everything out here wants to kill me but I am not going to pay enough attention to notice anything around me until they are close enough to slit my throat"
"Listen, lady - if I wanted to run you over, you'd already be dead. Now calm the fuck down. Or I'm gonna run you over."

:D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home again. Left Paris around 8am and was in Copenhagen by 10pm. Totalt trip 5000km. Timed the drive well all the way and only sat in traffic for maybe 30-45 min total. Diesel engines are just the best for long hauls.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to see if there is a lower profile cage

20220720_170312.jpg

with the baby lens

20220720_162900.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
was pressure washing the deck (new zealand accent) in preperation to seal it and realized that the top of the rail is all teak and some heathen painted it with Cedar tone paint. Great, now I have to sand that shit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I picture her wearing full renaissance fair serf/peasant garb during all of this.
2nd story

Over 4th of july some friends and get the fuck out of tahoe (it's flammable) and go dirtbiking in a bumfuck mountain range in NV.

We come across this couple and 3 kids on what they call a man quest. Going from californy to warshington DC over the summer (there was some talk of overthrowing the gov't but we diverted the conversation). I'd use more words but you really just need to see the pics and of course they have a website. I fully vouch for the authenticity of this.

From my recollection:

2 pigs
120 chickens (down to 20ish)
4 horses
7 dogs (plus a litter of new puppies)
2 dirtbikes
3 absolutely unbelievable homemade covered wagon things with woodstoves in them
Busted ass minivan pulls the shitshow

pics

Last edited:

Earbuds?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've had that exact scenario westy descibes happen so many fucking times. Usually that's the case. And like it sounds with westy, these fools think that you were going 60mph up to the moment they turned around. They just see bike and assume it's moving at a rapid rate at them and don't even give themselves enough time to figure out what's going on. All they know is that you wronged them in some way.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
2nd story

Over 4th of july some friends and get the fuck out of tahoe (it's flammable) and go dirtbiking in a bumfuck mountain range in NV.

We come across this couple and 3 kids on what they call a man quest. Going from californy to warshington DC over the summer (there was some talk of overthrowing the gov't but we diverted the conversation). I'd use more words but you really just need to see the pics and of course they have a website. I fully vouch for the authenticity of this.

From my recollection:

2 pigs
120 chickens (down to 20ish)
4 horses
7 dogs (plus a litter of new puppies)
2 dirtbikes
3 absolutely unbelievable homemade covered wagon things with woodstoves in them
Busted ass minivan pulls the shitshow

pics
These are the people that we humanely would place in a mental institution in the 50's-70's. Is that part of making America great again? 'Cause I could get behind that. :homer: